New Everton Stadium Discussion

United Utilities have only recently opened a huge new extension to the treatment works. Compared to the previous treatment process it's a dramatic improvement. If odour is a problem, odour control can be installed (if it isn't already). I am willing to bet there are planning conditions that can be enforced if odour is a problem. They are written into the planning for most new treatment works.
Anyway, thinknk of the negative publicity for UU if there is a stink at the ground every time Everton play on live TV. A PR disaster.
OMG are sky implementing smelly telly. I predict it'll flop like 3D

Tell you what though. Was at the John Cale gig last night and BM may be further than some think from town*. If I owned Ma Boyles I'd get to work on a massive extension as soon as.

*walking distance, I know there's the Northern Line nearby.

Tell you what though. Was at the John Cale gig last night and BM may be further than some think from town*. If I owned Ma Boyles I'd get to work on a massive extension as soon as.

It's a hell of a lot closer to the centre of the city than most top flight grounds though.

Some of the grounds on the continent are that far from the city centre you could probably fly home quicker than the time it takes to get back into town

I was at that gig!! I no what you mean, but I Parked on Old Hall Street and it was less of a walk then I do now to either Kirkdale or Sandhills.
Besides it will be closer to the city center them the present 4 Premier League grounds in the North West

Some of the grounds on the continent are that far from the city centre you could probably fly home quicker than the time it takes to get back into town

An old piece of data from KEIOC but the point still relevant.

http://www.keioc.net/uploads/images/inquiry-chart2.gif

I was at that gig!! I no what you mean, but I Parked on Old Hall Street and it was less of a walk then I do now to either Kirkdale or Sandhills.
Besides it will be closer to the city center them the present 4 Premier League grounds in the North West

I'm a walker anyway so doesn't bother me. Was thinking more the older crew etc. Anyway I'm sure there will be new places to stop off at should people wish to.

Just wish Moshiri and Kenwright would hurry up get the planning and then sell on to the chinese investment company we might see some progress then
It's know it's probably obvious but I know for a fact that the issue of planning permission is the thing the club were/are worried about. The dock was always the preferred option but the club have always doubted the chances of getting planning permission on a world heritage site.

An old piece of data from KEIOC but the point still relevant.

http://www.keioc.net/uploads/images/inquiry-chart2.gif

I'm a walker anyway so doesn't bother me. Was thinking more the older crew etc. Anyway I'm sure there will be new places to stop off at should people wish to.

I'm not sure what that chart is showing, there are about 6 London clubs on it, so are they all classed as being close to a "major centre"? also about 4 clubs that are in small towns, so is that just distance from their high street?

I think its more about transport links, which should be fine on the docks if they sort out buses, the nearby train station and possibly a ferry as well