New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sorry if this has been said, I cba to read back more than 3 pages. I read somewhere that a running track will be incorporated into the stadium to help with the Commonwealth games bid and then replaced with seating after the event, were it to occur. Seems reasonable to me.

I'm 95% sure that Birmingham will get the commonwealth games, as stated before they have the team that delivered the 2012 bid working for them and a team doing the feasibility study who have delivered the last few commonwealth games. Compared to Liverpool they have much better infrastructure in place.

But, if its a joint bid of Manchester and Liverpool that might win due to less funding from central government required due to the facilities in place from the Manchester games.

People need to forget about West Hams ground, Football was an after thought and that stadium is a black mark against LOCOG. If Spurs would have won when they bidded for the olympic stadium they would have knocked it down and built a stadium for Football.

If Liverpool council is serious about bidding for the games they will more than likely lean on us to use the new stadium. Does not mean we have a permenant running track but the facility to have a track would need to be engineered in.

Think we will know more in a few weeks. Birmingham will be releasing their findings from the feasibility study and Liverpool council will have to offer further details on its bid.

Which just emphasises the impracticability of having an athletics track for a one-off event over five years away.

Think through the likely sequence of events and time span that will end with Everton playing there.

It's not easy for sure. But from the other side of the coin, if the board are interested in this happening then there is a reason for it.

This next bit is all hypothetical so may or may not be the case in reality. If the council are willing to pay upwards of a a hundred million towards the build by paying our stadium repayments for x amount of years, that allows us to use that money instead to pay the wages of 2 or 3 top players per year. Perhaps a worldwide event like the games will increase the sponsorship income, esp. the naming rights. If we can get 50 million more because of the games suddenly we have an extra 150 million to either pay off the build or use that cash to bridge the huge wage gap between us and the other clubs ahead of us.

It may also just be a way of getting round FFP by having another event, it's possible that gets us round the regulations of what is market value for a sponsorship deal. Then USM can strike a 400 million 20 year deal for it. (Well i can dream anyhow...)

I'm 95% sure that Birmingham will get the commonwealth games, as stated before they have the team that delivered the 2012 bid working for them and a team doing the feasibility study who have delivered the last few commonwealth games. Compared to Liverpool they have much better infrastructure in place.

But, if its a joint bid of Manchester and Liverpool that might win due to less funding from central government required due to the facilities in place from the Manchester games.

People need to forget about West Hams ground, Football was an after thought and that stadium is a black mark against LOCOG. If Spurs would have won when they bidded for the olympic stadium they would have knocked it down and built a stadium for Football.

If Liverpool council is serious about bidding for the games they will more than likely lean on us to use the new stadium. Does not mean we have a permenant running track but the facility to have a track would need to be engineered in.

Think we will know more in a few weeks. Birmingham will be releasing their findings from the feasibility study and Liverpool council will have to offer further details on its bid.

The fact that the UKA's head office is actually at Birminghams athletic track must help them. The lazy buggers can just stay at their desks to watch it.

It's not easy for sure. But from the other side of the coin, if the board are interested in this happening then there is a reason for it.

This next bit is all hypothetical so may or may not be the case in reality. If the council are willing to pay upwards of a a hundred million towards the build by paying our stadium repayments for x amount of years, that allows us to use that money instead to pay the wages of 2 or 3 top players per year. Perhaps a worldwide event like the games will increase the sponsorship income, esp. the naming rights. If we can get 50 million more because of the games suddenly we have an extra 150 million to either pay off the build or use that cash to bridge the huge wage gap between us and the other clubs ahead of us.

It may also just be a way of getting round FFP by having another event, it's possible that gets us round the regulations of what is market value for a sponsorship deal. Then USM can strike a 400 million 20 year deal for it. (Well i can dream anyhow...)
Or, the reduced loan means the club is worth an extra 100 m to an investor and that money goes straight into our saviours pocket when he sells

Just trolls mate. It's their gimmick to pretend they're smarter than everyone else, and they try to belittle or make fun of people who threaten their self-appointed status of 'leaders of GOT'. They repeat the distrust and the tired unlikely outcomes to troll because they like fishing for replies. It amuses them. When people with genuine info post, they try to slap them down and discredit them, attempting to 'put them in their place'. There's about 4 or 5 of them, a little clique, they all stick together and try to bully people and gang up on them. It's actually amusing in a 'pity how sad they are' kind of way.

With all due respect not all of us are trolling. I posted after reading the linked article from the Times because I am genuinely concerned. I have seen numerous articles of this nature but have not seen anything stating that our new stadium would not be used except some posts on this forum from ITK's. I would be delighted to be proved wrong but signs appear to be pointing to our new stadium hosting the athletics should the bid be successful.

Now there would be some positives in terms of the infrastructure and a successful bid would almost certainly accelerate development around the stadium which we would benefit from post games.

Most important though is the stadium itself. Even during this barren period of success our existing ground has generally been considered a fortress. I am no architect but I can't see any existing evidence showing that it is possible to convert a stadium capable of hosting athletics into an intimidating football venue. If we are going to lose home field advantage I would rather stay at the old Lady.

IMG_4381.JPG

I don't think any foresee a permanent running track ala West Ham but it seems even incorporating a temporary one ala the Ethiad would require a compromise of atmosphere in relation to the steepness and distance of the stands.
This just from yesterday, 'Guardiola, privately, wants a noisier and more committed crowd at the Etihad, and he has spoken to the City CEO about coming up with solutions.'
Doesn't prove the original design is to blame but there's clearly an atmosphere problem at the Ethiad and the manager thinks it's costing them points.

I don't think any foresee a permanent running track ala West Ham but it seems even incorporating a temporary one ala the Ethiad would require a compromise of atmosphere in relation to the steepness and distance of the stands.
This just from yesterday, 'Guardiola, privately, wants a noisier and more committed crowd at the Etihad, and he has spoken to the City CEO about coming up with solutions.'
Doesn't prove the original design is to blame but there's clearly an atmosphere problem at the Ethiad and the manager thinks it's costing them points.

Etihad never had a temporary track though. The stadium was built with 3 stands and a temporary stand.

2066_450.jpg