New Everton Stadium Discussion

From Beechside. A respected, to me anyways, poster.

http://members.boardhost.com/peoplesforum/msg/1487943285.html

• New ground
    Posted by Beechside
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png
    on February 24, 2017, 1:34 pm

Now hearing - apart from additional council assistance on the land & lots of funding options to help the additional infrastructure development of the retail & leisure bits - that this is a growing scheme with a mini version planned for Birkenhead & a new ground for Tranmere too (tho nothing to do with EFC, more a whole look at regeneration on both sides of the water).

Sounds a bit ambitious to me, but if it does happen we'll have Everton on the Mersey, & Tranmere on the Mersey, ......& someone else shouting "it's not fair!"

• New ground
    Posted by Beechside
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png

Now hearing - apart from additional council assistance on the land & lots of funding options to help the additional infrastructure development of the retail & leisure bits - that this is a growing scheme with a mini version planned for Birkenhead & a new ground for Tranmere too (tho nothing to do with EFC, more a whole look at regeneration on both sides of the water).

Sounds a bit ambitious to me, but if it does happen we'll have Everton on the Mersey, & Tranmere on the Mersey, ......& someone else shouting "it's not fair!"

Is the regeneration on the other side of the water not pretty much covered with Wirral Waters? I doubt Peel will be willing to lose two sections to football stadia.

• New ground
    Posted by Beechside
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png

Always felt it was something of a missed opportunity not considering Birkenhead as a kind of 'West Shore' of Liverpool, and making the Mersey the focal point of the city rather than a boundary.

You look at Sydney, where the harbour bisects the city, and the ferry network unites it, it works so well.

Just a different platform for the spouting of rumour and conjecture, and the massaging of an ever increasing ego.

But surely, all the sudden becoming of an itk right out of the blue, could not possibly have had anything to do with wanting to try to get his click and retweet counts high enough that genuine media outlets give him a platform, absolute utter joke that he piggybacked into the mainstream as a voice for Evertonians based upon at best spinning some information he heard to people who trusted what he said as truthful and at worst outright lying once he had people hooked.