New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just a different platform for the spouting of rumour and conjecture, and the massaging of an ever increasing ego.

To be fair, Everton has always had ITK's spouting rumour and conjecture. I think this was written by one of Esk's forebearers

Tuesday, October 19 – 1886

From reliable information I have just received, the Association game in Liverpool would appear to be on the point of undergoing a somewhat remarkable development,. Mr. John Houlding, a city councillor, an opulent brewer and a generous patron of sport to boot, purchased, some, some three years ago for a sum of £6,000 the land now known as the “Anfield enclosure,” the headquarters of the Everton Club, and which, I hear, is to be remodelled, and a grand stand built, while at the main entrance will be erected a palatial hotel, at a cost of £3,000. The recent successes of Everton have no doubt stimulated this lavish outlay, such action being possibly accelerated by the alleged manoeuvring of a rival firm.

*My grandfather bet his wages on that new grandstand and hotel ;)

To be fair, Everton has always had ITK's spouting rumour and conjecture. I think this was written by one of Esk's forebearers

Tuesday, October 19 – 1886

From reliable information I have just received, the Association game in Liverpool would appear to be on the point of undergoing a somewhat remarkable development,. Mr. John Houlding, a city councillor, an opulent brewer and a generous patron of sport to boot, purchased, some, some three years ago for a sum of £6,000 the land now known as the “Anfield enclosure,” the headquarters of the Everton Club, and which, I hear, is to be remodelled, and a grand stand built, while at the main entrance will be erected a palatial hotel, at a cost of £3,000. The recent successes of Everton have no doubt stimulated this lavish outlay, such action being possibly accelerated by the alleged manoeuvring of a rival firm.

*My grandfather bet his wages on that new grandstand and hotel ;)
I'm merely conveying the information I have been surreptitiously party to, I beg of thee to spare me summary execution for merely being the bringer of this counsel.

I read recently that away fans must now be pitch side, so there is no more being in the gods like Newcastle and Sunderland currently still are.

Why is this important you ask? Well, in a new stadium the seats at the side of the stadium are usually given a higher priority or become corporate.

That means that the away fans are regularly given a cheaper pitch-side location: ultimately this is in a corner leading to behind the goal.

Arsenal do it as do Leicester and Hull in relatively new stadia, while Spurs also plan to do it if you take a peruse at their stadiums twitter account.

So I'm pretty confident that even if we keep a conservative four sided approach, although a semi-bowl is more likely, they'll be in a goal end.

I read recently that away fans must now be pitch side, so there is no more being in the gods like Newcastle and Sunderland currently still are.

Why is this important you ask? Well, in a new stadium the seats at the side of the stadium are usually given a higher priority or become corporate.

That means that the away fans are regularly given a cheaper pitch-side location: ultimately this is in a corner leading to behind the goal.

Arsenal do it as do Leicester and Hull in relatively new stadia, while Spurs also plan to do it if you take a peruse at their stadiums twitter account.

So I'm pretty confident that even if we keep a conservative four sided approach, although a semi-bowl is more likely, they'll be in a goal end.

That's interesting. Hadn't heard that. Man City moved the away fans from pitchside into the top tier. Villa moved away fans from behind the goal into the upper tier at the side. Newcastle have away fans up in the gods, as do Sunderland.

I would prefer them side-on like at GP than behind a goal. That said we have no idea what the stadium config will be whatsoever at the minute.

We had that throughout the 1980s in the old Park End.

Hope not. Away fans in a new stadium should be shoved in the highest corner of the stadium. Learn the lessons of Man City, Sunderland, Newcastle etc. Don't give the away team an advantage with accessible support.

Can't be done anymore as @PhilM says above. One section at least must be pitch-side.

That's interesting. Hadn't heard that. Man City moved the away fans from pitchside into the top tier. Villa moved away fans from behind the goal into the upper tier at the side. Newcastle have away fans up in the gods, as do Sunderland.
It's something that is being introduced. Citeh have a section that is pitch side, however as you mention there are contingents directly above them.

Apparently this scenario is acceptable (or that's how I read it) as not all fans have to be pitch side; simply there must be a section that are.

From what I read, Newcastle and Sunderland will soon have to rectify their current situation if they remain/rejoin the Premier League.

It's something that is being introduced. Citeh have a section that is pitch side, however as you mention there are contingents directly above them.

Apparently this scenario is acceptable (or that's how I read it) as not all fans have to be pitch side; simply there must be a section that are.

From what I read, Newcastle and Sunderland will soon have to rectify their current situation if they remain/rejoin the Premier League.
Give the away fans the first row right around the ground. It'll nullify their singing, leave them open to 360° abuse from the home fans, and a rubbish view for all of them.