New Everton Stadium Discussion

And because this is arguably the biggest announcement in the clubs history, it should be announced when the time is right and when there is something concrete to confirm.

There's no point in a half arsed 'we're waiting on planning permission' twitter announcement to appease some fans. I want fireworks and strippers

However it's announced, fireworks and strippers or a topless Bill Kenright waving a sparkler, it'll still all be subject to planning permission.

Drove past BM earlier. Not one single workie. Taking the piss now Everton ffs.

200.gif

If all parties involved are agreed they wouldn't dare not give permission. Would they?

Don't know. Chelsea were refused planning permission on their stadium a year ago (more accurately, they were told to change certain things then come back and try again).

It seems looking in from the outside the pros of getting this going massively outweigh the cons, so you'd hope it'd have a smooth passage. But then again, it's going to be contingent on loads of other factors - getting the transport up to snuff probably being the main one. No planning committee will approve a 60k stadium if they think the area can't cope.

But my main point was the plans will need to be open to public scrutiny before the planning meeting happens. And at the meeting voices of dissent and support will be heard and that'll all be weighed up alongside everything else. All I'm saying is, it can't be announced as a concrete, done deal with promises of spades in the ground the next day. There will be months between first seeing the designs and the planning meetings. Whatever is announced will certainly be subject to planning being granted. You can't do that in secret.