New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
40858327-6D31-4CF8-8222-CED16462F6B1.jpeg

Seems the PL love to pick and choose what to represent.

Betting Companies Bad

Head Chopping Regimes Good

?‍♂️

Worried that the government will impose something.

Saudi funded genocide isn't on the agenda of course.

It'll be fine as we'll run the contract to it's end. They won't force anyone to change sponsor if they're already in a deal

It also says it doesn't look they'll ban sleeve sponsored gambling

Like a Turkey voting for Christmas :) of course gambling addiction is bad, but again our big six will be smiling through, coining it in of course this won't affect them..
Not quite. They have done this to try and avoid a complete gambling ban for football from the government. By agreeing to take them off the shirts they hope they can still have betting partners, training sponsors etc.

I criticised Everton for adopting a gambling sponsor. However I now see the wisdom of our community centred club. It is clear now that we adopted a gambling sponsor to nudge the FA into bringing about a ban using the "Everton that" curse.

Well played, Everton, well played.

I criticised Everton for adopting a gambling sponsor. However I now see the wisdom of our community centred club. It is clear now that we adopted a gambling sponsor to nudge the FA into bringing about a ban using the "Everton that" curse.

Well played, Everton, well played.

Just happens to be the biggest shirt sponsor outside the top 6 too....

Interesting...

So is SS going to be switching off bet365/bet Victor during quick fire breaks. Talk [Poor language removed] Betfair/Paddy power... I think not. I'm on fence and TBH only care about the income.

Low hanging fruit for the PL. I'm not an advocate of gambling sponsorship but this seems like little more than cheap virtue signaling which can't annoy the elite clubs.

I spoke to a friend of mine about this, he was addicted to gambling for a long time and is now over 8 years without a bet. He seemed to welcome the ban, but said it was the thin end of the wedge. The bombardment of betting ads on the likes of; talksport, sporting podcasts and SKY had lead him to turn off from all of those things. Surely if the government were really concerned they would be targeting the media as well as football clubs.

If the premier league clubs do this of their own volition then fair enough, it will be interesting to see where we can get a decent sponsor from in the future. hopefully Usmanov is cleared of his sanctions and we can go back to the likes of Megafon and USM.

Status
Not open for further replies.