New season - what can we actually change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to be positive, Digne, Holgate and Keane (I know) have been alright. Richarlison is very good and showed his class getting us a point in a game we should have lost. Also think Gordon looks like he can play, but it must be difficult if you have so much $hite around you in the middle.
Priority has to be centre mid. The players coming in need pace. Davies, Sigurdsson and Gomes are unbelievably slow.

I’d be happy to sell everyone except Digne and Richy
But as we’re Everton, I think no one will be sold except Digne and Richy

I’d add Holgate to the keep list

the rest can do one but who will take them ? An example is that we have been trying to give Bolasie away and no one wants to know

We all know what needs changing. Our midfield is useless. Some of our defenders are useless (but not all of them). And proper competition up front. For when DC L is off the boil. And when we are chasing a match.
Every thing needs changed.

But just one thing that i'd change right now is this stupid back passing.
Walcott today had the ball in Wolves half. No wolves player near him. He turns and passes back to Keane. The ball then ends up with Pickford. He then slices of out of play........wonderful football.
They all do that. Who coaches that...... Sideways.....backwards.
That nonsense has to stop.
change that now. We never keep possession. We end up losing the ball. And then the match. Awful football.....

We will have to change Carlos undies if we don't get anyone and he's left with this lot.

Just fix the attitude and the rest will come.

When you’ve got the likes of Sigurdsson and Davies who have no fight, the idiots like Pickford who simply don’t care for the club.

I look at teams like Sheffield Utd and every player gives 110% today has to be a low point really.

How does it get worse?

Screen_Shot_2019-02-27_at_2.52.06_PM.jpg
OOOH OOOH, new thread, if you could make half of the squad cease to exist by snapping your fingers.

It is a good question ? I do not believe much can change. The DNA of the club has mutated into something that promises little but disappointment going forward. I'm not really arsed anymore tbh.

A new midfield. Even if it's just 2 central midfielders as that's all the resources allow. 2 lads who can run, like to get stuck in and who will rip their team mates for lack of effort. Being able to pass to a team mate would also be an improvement on the current crop.

I read Vinny Jones' book years ago, the story was something like this... he signed for Leeds and for him that was his big move. He got to training and he wanted to show he was good enough, so he made sure he put everything in to winning the cross country race. After he finished, he noticed some of the first team laughing at one of the other players who was struggling. So Jones ran back and ran alongside the 'struggler' to help him through it. I think it was at dinner mel sterland was giving it loads picking on different people, and there was a real air of superiority about some of the players. So Jones being Jones knocked him out. He was called to Howard Wilkinson's office and he thought he'd messed up his dream move, he was ready to pack his bags and leave. Howard Wilkinson said to him, 'what took you so long?' That's what Everton need at the minute, someone to come in to Finch Farm and start forcing the other lads to work harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.