New season - what can we actually change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro789

Player Valuation: £5m
It's two months till we start new season. Realistically the squad isn't going to change much. We all know this is on the players - the the worst group of mercenaries ever recruited by a PL club. But we're stuck with them - no-one would give actual money for most of them or pay half the wages we are.

So, apart from new players where possible, what things should the club actually do to change the rotten, fatalistic atmosphere and losing mentality?

I'd replace Coleman as captain. Fine player, terrible captain - should be getting pulled off some of these players in the dressing room. Holgate for me.

I'd replace some of the Everton old boys in the coaching system. It's probably unfair and they're not to blame for the gutless players but symbolically it says we're going to change things structurally and not accept the status quo.

I'd pick kids in any position we can for last 3 games - including Pickford.

It's entirely possible nothing motivates this firm - if one of the best managers in the world can't.

Midfield is a must. Players with ability to pass a ball, hold onto the ball, win the ball and foremost a midfield that can dictate play. Midfield is a priority IMO. Spring the attack and protect the defence, we have neither and usually get overrun by most teams

Screen_Shot_2019-02-27_at_2.52.06_PM.jpg

People always say play the kids. Not digging out Branthwaite, but let’s be honest, he had a bit of a horror show. Doesn’t look ready at all.
Agree i doubt there isnt much in the U23 to be given a chance. I would include Simms on the bench and give him a few minutes

I feel like this is what we are now a club that expects and accepts mediocrity. The players accept it. I hope to god Carlo doesn't but I am not getting my hopes up with the way our recruitment is and our club is run. I just feel so disheartened nowadays I feel like this club is doomed to failure now.

Not a lot, there is insufficient time. Goodison has seen the last of me. I am joining the throng of armchair fans on here. My two sons can enjoy the season tickets and leave me out of it.

What a job Carlo has, I may send him a bottle of Kalms although he may need something stronger.

I think we need an absolute snide type in midfield, a leader and I hope Carlo signs a Captain
Good Luck Boss

I don't really want to even think about it. There is always the hope I get hit by a bus so I don't have to put up with misery.

Oh Everton why thee you hate thy so???

I feel like this is what we are now a club that expects and accepts mediocrity. The players accept it. I hope to god Carlo doesn't but I am not getting my hopes up with the way our recruitment is and our club is run. I just feel so disheartened nowadays I feel like this club is doomed to failure now.
I'd settle for mediocrity at this moment in time.

What we've got isn't mediocre, it's utter dross.

Midfield is a must. Players with ability to pass a ball, hold onto the ball, win the ball and foremost a midfield that can dictate play. Midfield is a priority IMO. Spring the attack and protect the defence, we have neither and usually get overrun by most teams
Agree mate, don't know another team in the league with so many poor midfielders, none of them are showing the attributes within your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.