New season- Hopes, ambitions and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly predicting good things this transfer window even if its been slow up to now. I just can't wait to get started and bloodying the noses of all those utter bells who we have no right to compete with and sending their glory hunting band wagon fans home in a proper mood, confused at how their billion pound teams got absolutely bum raped by the team they're told is plucky little Everton.

Didn't that tag follow Moyes out the door? ;)

I am SUPER excited! Transfer will end up not being an issue. I think we can finish top 4, we'll replace Liverpool this season. Hopefully a trophy from the FA cup or League cup. Europa will be tough but if we get a good draw we could go far. Also, if we make the Europa final I will fly to Warsaw for the final! Would be amazing!!! Also, McGeady will have a breakout season.

It all hinges on the outcome of this transfer window. We need a top striker if we are to compete for top 6 as well as a couple of other quality additions. If we went with what we have got at the moment then mid-table would be no surprise to me. I feel like this will be a harder season than the last one for Martinez. Factor in the teams around us spending big and improving their squads as well as the additional Europa games and I see a huge challenge to finish 5th again.

6th or 7th and a good EL + FA Cup run would be reasonable and expected. Unfortunately, I think the phrase 'Money Talks' will define this season.

Just something to be proud of, a trophy, a good finish in the league and a good Europe finish, quarters or higher maybe. We really need to do the business in the transfer window and then do the business over the r/s. All said and done id take carling cup and 5th.

image.jpg

Opposition fans are writing off Everton already. Same s**t different season.

"They don't have the resources" they said. "They'll be playing too many games and travelling too often to compete in the league" they say now that we have Europa League.

When will they ever learn?

Come March the same people will be out with their "Blimey, Everton are doing better than expected aren't they? Fair play to them" - yeah, just like we do every season you brainless t*t.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Ah well, it irks me but nevertheless I look forward to another year of Everton proving everybody wrong.

PaVUy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.