New right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally a young RB who can come in and help phase out Coleman who's legs are looking very Baines lately

Those of you suggesting Holgate and/or Delph would be fine as cover - neither of them are actual right backs nor do they have the skill set required to play there in anything other than an emergency

A long term injury to Coleman would utterly derail the season. Not quite as bad as on the left where Baines is a natural left back and Delph, being left footed, is reasonably decent.

A right back has to come in. An actual right back. It's every bit as important as the other two areas we need to strengthen. I'll bang on about that 17/18 example all day when people were happy enough to suggest that Martina could cover there if Baines got injured. Well, he did...

Only names I've seen thrown round are Arias and a vague mention of Dalot from United. You'd assume these are potential loans if Brands and Silva think Kenny has a future here

At worst we can probably sign a player like Fosu-Mensah on a loan, he probably is not an upgrade over Kenny, but seems to be somehow playable and is young so can improve. I hope we can do better than that but I am not worried at all about RB position. We need a CB and a winger though.

Those of you suggesting Holgate and/or Delph would be fine as cover - neither of them are actual right backs nor do they have the skill set required to play there in anything other than an emergency

A long term injury to Coleman would utterly derail the season. Not quite as bad as on the left where Baines is a natural left back and Delph, being left footed, is reasonably decent.

A right back has to come in. An actual right back. It's every bit as important as the other two areas we need to strengthen. I'll bang on about that 17/18 example all day when people were happy enough to suggest that Martina could cover there if Baines got injured. Well, he did...

Only names I've seen thrown round are Arias and a vague mention of Dalot from United. You'd assume these are potential loans if Brands and Silva think Kenny has a future here

We're not a Hull, Sunderland, Burnley or West Brom. We can't expect a makeshift player who doesn't cross the halfway line to do a job.

We need a right back who can kick Coleman out the side actually, if Coleman drops off even 5%. Only way we challenge the top 6, is genuine competition for places.

Status
Not open for further replies.