New PL rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
The PL may bring in a rule that stops injury time subs, good or bad?? Any other rules you'd like to see? Personally I'd like to see a rule come in that if a player goes to ground "injured" the physio can come on while play continues so the game doesn't stop. It would put an end to fake injury and kicking the ball out of play.

The stoping of injury time subs would not bother me at all,as half the time as been said,they are just to waste time,or 100% pointless sub so someone gets on for seconds,when they dont seem to get it in there heads that the time just gets added on again

What if someone is genuinely injured. It wouldn't be fair having to finish out with ten men when you're chasing or defending a lead. I like your idea about the physio coming on though. Faking injury is a pathetic exercise much like diving and something does need to be done about it

I've always advocated a countdown clock like they have in rugby. It would be so easy to implement and would make the whole timekeeping situation so much more transparent. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that a game worth billions of pounds, being watched around the world, still has a completely arbitrary and covert timekeeping system, which is so clearly open to manipulation and invites controversy.

I've always advocated a countdown clock like they have in rugby. It would be so easy to implement and would make the whole timekeeping situation so much more transparent. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that a game worth billions of pounds, being watched around the world, still has a completely arbitrary and covert timekeeping system, which is so clearly open to manipulation and invites controversy.
That's exactly what I'd implement. If a player wants to crawl off the pitch when subbed, go ahead mate the times off. It would get rid of injury time because every time an injury occurs then the clock would stop.

I would also force players to go off the pitch and miss a phase of play (eg. a corner) if they go down and the physio comes on.

I think it is a good idea, to be honest. Obviously if it is required due to injury then it would still happen but then you would get a player being given a signal to fall over and limp off so a difficult one to manage effectively and fairly.

What if someone is genuinely injured. It wouldn't be fair having to finish out with ten men when you're chasing or defending a lead. I like your idea about the physio coming on though. Faking injury is a pathetic exercise much like diving and something does need to be done about it

Remember the Watford game last season? We had 12 minutes of injury time (and it was genuine, there'd been 2 major injuries).

The PL may bring in a rule that stops injury time subs, good or bad?? Any other rules you'd like to see? Personally I'd like to see a rule come in that if a player goes to ground "injured" the physio can come on while play continues so the game doesn't stop. It would put an end to fake injury and kicking the ball out of play.

A brilliant idea IMO and one I have advocated this long time.

In fact, I would extend it to say no subs after 85 minutes.

It has long been recognised that the vast majority of these late substitutions are nowt more than a time wasting tactic by a team hanging on to a slim lead or protecting a draw.

Also, the player being subbed off should be obliged to leave the field at the closest point to where he is when he sees the board with his number.....this slowly wandering the breadth of the pitch is another time wasting ploy.

Re your other point, I am pretty sure that was the situation that pertained when I was young.

I am sure I have memories of players being treated while the game continued......though obviously this would have to be well outside the penalty box.

I think it is a good idea, to be honest. Obviously if it is required due to injury then it would still happen but then you would get a player being given a signal to fall over and limp off so a difficult one to manage effectively and fairly.

Indeed.

It would have to a hard rule with no exceptions for that very reason.....no subs at all, even a fellow’s leg fell off.

Because the clubs would indeed send signals for a player to feign injury.

Utterly pointless as everyone does it so it's hardly favouring any particular club. I don't see the point in faffing about with the rules when they aren't really a big deal.

What is really irritating is when a player is genuinely injured as a result of a reckless or deliberate foul by an opposing player - then to rub salt in the wound the injured player has to go off the pitch and await the referee's whim to come back on, meanwhile the offender is allowed to stay on - that is just wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.