New Kits 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Woods

Player Valuation: £6m
With the RS releasing their kits and a few leaks such as Arsenal etc I looked for rumours and jarg itks for next seasons kits for ourselves and found nothing

Unusual, it shows how depressed we really are as a fan base usually we’d be all over this

Anyways I hate Umbro but i went and researched their kit hostory to see if they ever got it right and whether its just us they churn out dire attempts for ... take these training kits for example...

6E964573-7F03-4900-AB26-7B133A093317.jpeg
B970F703-2911-407F-BC8D-AE164ECB7ABA.jpeg

However when you take into account the era’s these following pics come from and fashion of the time etc i was surprised to find a few I think they did well with

74C25ACF-122F-49D5-9148-5DE12CA417A8.jpeg
666E0613-315D-43B2-9349-8D81E13BD807.jpeg
F1A80CE5-6D4D-4EC5-BB31-7F7EA78DD442.jpeg
206CFD20-B9A8-4C9F-AED6-95EFBA445D71.jpeg
83C2E319-66D1-48DB-A9DE-2682E8A63AD8.jpeg
D47C1BFE-9A4E-43E7-8899-7666CB05BED6.jpeg
0D5ABAD6-D5AB-4EB6-BC3A-6BFF414B40C2.jpeg
9EAC0736-060F-4269-8314-401ED1FD00E8.jpeg

What are you hoping to see out of our kits this upcoming season other than better players playing in them and less Williams and Schniederlins wearing them?

Any jarg rumours?

Any hints?

These are the latest Umbro Kits. Assuming they'll be supplying our kits again they'll look like this. Quite like the retro pattern on the cuffs. That's the same umbro pattern that was on our 1992-3 home shirt (i'm a kit geek)
cruzeiro-2018-2019-home-kit-4.jpg

umbro-santos-2018-19-home-away-kits-2.jpg

Hate Umbro. One of the biggest points made when we went back to Umbro was that we'd have one off kits every time and that we were their biggest client.

Now we're back to having the same poor template kits as the likes of West Ham and Bournmouth.

I don't mind templates as long as they're nice and with a decent manufacturer.

I hope the rumours about Under Armour are true.

Anything will be better than this season’s training top.

The club need to get a grip on what kits we play though. There’s far too much of the all blue one creeping in. We should always wear blue and white at home and the away kit away. The all blue kit is a nightmare. Recently the away kits have been so generic and infrequently worn I couldn’t even tell you what it is.

Should be blue and white at home. Amber away.

Addias have upped their game with the retro inspired WC kits. Nike have one template these days. Under Armour would be interesting, i also think Puma kits look smart these days.

Anything will be better than this season’s training top.

The club need to get a grip on what kits we play though. There’s far too much of the all blue one creeping in. We should always wear blue and white at home and the away kit away. The all blue kit is a nightmare. Recently the away kits have been so generic and infrequently worn I couldn’t even tell you what it is.

Should be blue and white at home. Amber away.

Completely agree with all of this. I hate how we just chop and change the home kit for about 80% of away games. I'd rather we had a home kit and a change kit like Arsenal do. Have three kits of different colours and if we're playing a team who have blue or have white socks and shorts then just switch to a change kit.

Blue-White-White/Navy (like Martinez's second season)
Pink-Black-Black (Like Palermo)
Amber-Blue-Blue

That "One 2 One" strip was snide. Too much going on with it. Didn't seem the right shade of blue. Personally prefer the simpler, more straightforward efforts. That Santos one is smart. I always thought the Le Coq Chelsea and Spurs ones from the 80's were sharp looking kits as well.

These are the latest Umbro Kits. Assuming they'll be supplying our kits again they'll look like this. Quite like the retro pattern on the cuffs. That's the same umbro pattern that was on our 1992-3 home shirt (i'm a kit geek)
View attachment 45760
View attachment 45762
Umbro’s South American kits usually have no bearing on the European teams. Think they have different design teams. Not saying for certain that we won’t follow those designs but in the last few years we haven’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.