New kit 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey Barton was right about one thing in his statement: Football and Gambling are very much in bed these days, and I for one do not want us to be sponsored by a gambling company. Anyway, only poxy clubs get sponsored by gambling companies.
Unfortunately Everton are no different to any other club in this respect. Dafabet have had their name plastered all over our main stand facing the camera all year.

How certain are we that it is Sportpesa? Hull City announced they had a agreed a 3 year deal with them in 2016 until 2019? Are they allowed to be shirt sponsors at more than one club, albeit Hull City may not be in the PL next season.

Unfortunately Everton are no different to any other club in this respect. Dafabet have had their name plastered all over our main stand facing the camera all year.
oh certainly, I'm not suggesting for a second we're any better than any other club in that respect.

I'm slightly confused why so many people are up in arms at the idea of a gambling company sponsoring us, when we've had an alcohol one on the front of our shirt for years.

Want to compare the numbers on which one ruins more lives?
They both prey on addiction so I don't think it matters which is worst. Neither are healthy when uncontrolled.

How certain are we that it is Sportpesa? Hull City announced they had a agreed a 3 year deal with them in 2016 until 2019? Are they allowed to be shirt sponsors at more than one club, albeit Hull City may not be in the PL next season.

I feem to recall Villa and Newcastle both having NTL from about 2000-2003, and in more recent time, I think Fulham and Aston Villa both had FxPro as sponsors, infact, don't both Palace and Bournemouth both have Mansion as their sponsor this season?

So yes, it'd be allowed!

Yep - you are correct re sponsorship. If so it is a bit disappointing in comparison to USM or Megafon but at the moment I imagine Everton cannot be that choosy. BMD will help change that. Not making excuses for the club but after 30 years of relative inertia (bar one trophy) without the financial muscle required to really compete, it takes time to rebuild a brand and change perceptions.

I have lived in the south east for almost 30 years years and even now with Mosh's billions many southerners don't really see Everton as a major threat. They have got used to us having no money/spending power and to a large extent being an unfashionable club. It is sad in comparison to the club I grew up with but that is the reality. Until we are permanently considered one of the elite again, probably with a few really big and unexpected signings that make others stand up and take notice, keep our best players and pay them accordingly, fight for CL qualification regularly, we are likely to have to take the next best offer on the table. If that is Sportpesa in the short-term then so be it. I don't like gambling companies but I don't think Chelski would baulk in the face of a sponsor that could help them win them more titles either! EitC is one of the best if not the best sports charities in the country - the club do enough and our conscience should be clear.

I am just absolutely delighted that we have got the dock and are moving forward. Stayed at the Titanic on a few occasions and the whole place has huge potential. A shirt sponsor that wows all of us I am prepared to be patient for.

Someone mentioned Allianz as a potential sponsor here a few days ago I think?

I did not read anything into it but they did feature very prominently in advertising at the Chelsea game on Sunday.

Anything like them would be a huge coup.

I would be happy to get one of the USM companies but still expect it will be SportPesa too.

It is what it is, but it still confines us to the cohort of clubs that have gambling company sponsorship. Without being too critical, it seems like the sort of sponsor that comes to you rather than assertively going out and marketing yourself for something more prestigious.

Someone mentioned Allianz as a potential sponsor here a few days ago I think?

I did not read anything into it but they did feature very prominently in advertising at the Chelsea game on Sunday.

Anything like them would be a huge coup.

I would be happy to get one of the USM companies but still expect it will be SportPesa too.

It is what it is, but it still confines us to the cohort of clubs that have gambling company sponsorship. Without being too critical, it seems like the sort of sponsor that comes to you rather than assertively going out and marketing yourself for something more prestigious.

Started showing on the boards when we played Burnley.

kvHzhUw.jpg

I don't believe they have ever had any exposure in the Premier League before but they do in UK sport with Saracens.

Is Noone else concerned about a Kenyan based betting firm giving us millions each year? I hope FM and Bill didn't fall for one those phishing emails about rich people needing a bank account to deposit money

I'm slightly confused why so many people are up in arms at the idea of a gambling company sponsoring us, when we've had an alcohol one on the front of our shirt for years.

Want to compare the numbers on which one ruins more lives?

Right, but Chang has a good logo and is an established company.

I'm more concerned with this being a shady gambling company nobody really knows about, with a terrible name and branding, than I am about gambling itself. It just doesn't seem like something any other significant club would even consider.

don't both Palace and Bournemouth both have Mansion as their sponsor this season?

Yes, and Burnley and Sunderland both have Dafabet sponsoring their shirts.

No moral objections, just think gambling company shirt sponsorship is a bit low-rent. The only club with one that hasn't been in a relegation scrap lately is Stoke.

Or put it another way: West Ham have a gambling sponsor, do you want to be like that shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.