New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a user standpoint, I think most people are in agreement that this is a big step backwards from the StubHub days. My biggest gripe with this is that so far, the club have done an extremely poor job of communicating exactly when they put these resale tickets up for sale. The only information that seems to be available is that they are released at some nebulous time at which the club deem enough of the restricted view tickets have sold. Originally the claim was made that members would get a priority window in which to purchase the resale tickets. That flat out isn't happening as far as I can tell. Create whatever system you want, but at least make enough information available so that anyone who wants to do their homework is able to competently navigate that system.

The owner of StubHub (Viagogo?) was offering to sell the business outside of North America in order to facilitate a merger. This was a fair few months back and I don't know what the outcome was.

But, as far as I know, Stubhub are very much alive and kicking in the UK and, as you say, helping touts tout.
Just recieved an email from StubHub a mini segment basically outlines they no longer trade in the UK.

'We recently informed you that, as a result of the separation between StubHub and eBay, eBay S.à r.l. will no longer be processing sales transactions on the European and UK StubHub websites after July 1st, 2021.'

Could be another mitigating circumstance for Evertons in house attempts [which clearly needs working going off its terms]

So, on the official site I could end up with this .......

IMG_20210905_142918.jpg

But months in advance, I could purchase this on StubHub..

IMG_20210905_143054.jpg

C'mon Everton! There's bound to be a solution that suits everyone. We're far more 'fan-centred' that other clubs that shall remain nameless. Help us out!

Are there published figures on how many ST seats are up for re-sale per game?

I’d say the club are being taken for mugs here. Check out Season Ticket prices.

My adult ticket is £525 / 19 = £27.63

So if the regular price is £40, that’s a 31% discount!!!

That‘s equivalent to 6 games for Free..

Is there any other business that gives 30% discount for a bulk purchase, then give a full refund for partial returns? I don’t think so.

The club needs to get a grip on this.

Are there published figures on how many ST seats are up for re-sale per game?

I’d say the club are being taken for mugs here. Check out Season Ticket prices.

My adult ticket is £525 / 19 = £27.63

So if the regular price is £40, that’s a 31% discount!!!

That‘s equivalent to 6 games for Free..

Is there any other business that gives 30% discount for a bulk purchase, then give a full refund for partial returns? I don’t think so.

The club needs to get a grip on this.
I paid £49 for back row of MS2 for Southampton so it's an even bigger saving.

That being said, is there any other business that would pay millions to the likes of some of our players to run around 'not fastly'. :)

B and Q will give you a full refund for stuff not used. In fact, a lot of shops would. They might even have to, but that's by the by.

Still reckon there is a way that would keep everyone happy. If anyone had the choice between a restricted view and a great seat, pretty sure they'd feel the same way. I suppose if I had a ST with a great view, I may also have a different opinion.

Still, it is what it is. I suppose I'd settle for a pint at halftime with more than 30 seconds to drink it. Easily pleased, me!

That being said, is there any other business that would pay millions to the likes of some of our players to run around 'not fastly'. :)

B and Q will give you a full refund for stuff not used. In fact, a lot of shops would. They might even have to, but that's by the by.

Still reckon there is a way that would keep everyone happy. If anyone had the choice between a restricted view and a great seat, pretty sure they'd feel the same way. I suppose if I had a ST with a great view, I may also have a different opinion.

Still, it is what it is. I suppose I'd settle for a pint at halftime with more than 30 seconds to drink it. Easily pleased, me!

30 seconds ? Consider yourself lucky. Match has finished once I get served at half time !

30 seconds ? Consider yourself lucky. Match has finished once I get served at half time !
In MS2 bar, I'm not exaggerating when I say that the poor kid behind the bar managed to serve 4 (exactly 4) people in 12 minutes. He ran out of the strange plastic bottles and had to pour cans - which, god love him, he wasn't very good at. Ended up ordering a cider (which I never drink), quick middle age toilet stop and missed the our goal as I was climbing the last set of stairs. :)

B&Q give a full refund for stuff not used. OK.

Try buying a pack of tiles & taking 4 back. Ask for a pro rata refund…..

49 quid??? ST holders paying £27 for that. And some of them whine when they don’t get an instant refund.

The club is to blame. They’re allowing that to happen.

B&Q give a full refund for stuff not used. OK.

Try buying a pack of tiles & taking 4 back. Ask for a pro rata refund…..

49 quid??? ST holders paying £27 for that. And some of them whine when they don’t get an instant refund.

The club is to blame. They’re allowing that to happen.
I do understand your point that ST get a good deal and was being frivolous with the B&Q analogy.

Gonna leave it there. New to this forum posting lark (long time reader) and got sucked in further than I intended about something that doesn't actually affect me that much given I only get over to 2/3 games a year. Cheers. ?

I have sent repeated emails to the club seeking clarification on when relisted tickets go on sale.

Is it when they're down to restricted views? When they have sold half the restricted views? Are all sections released together or is it stand by stand? I have emailed the box office, general enquiries and shareholder liason. Nothing back from anyone. The lack of clarity is staggering but expected.

I have asked people around my seats to let me know if they are used and I'm not there. The club could easily sell them and say they're unsold. (Not out of malice, but out of the usual incompetence)

Oh and the relisting process is very clunky. I know months ahead games I definitely can't attend. Can you list them all at once? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.