New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a shambles of a system stubhub. Most people who bought tickets were tourists who didnt realise they bought a childs ticket and then had to pay an additional fee on top of that to upgrade it to a adult ticket at the box office on the day of the game when they were getting turned away by stewards at the gate.

The listings would always have a note saying child ticket if it was. It would detect it from the customer number you had to put in.

Most who praise the news have never used StubHub.

95%+ games, you could get tickets for below face value. Examples;

It's a shame the headlines were around the tiny minority of games (pretty much just the Goodison Derby) were you'd get a few idiots.

But, this change was always inevitable due to the negative PR - from people who never actually used it - around StubHub.

Actually a great shout this. I'll admit I have on occasions sold my STs for above face value on StubHub when I couldn't make it and the demand was there (Liverpool and Man U only really), but this has always been more than offset by the amount of times I've sold them for 5 or 10 pound for the likes of Palace and Fulham on a Wednesday night! It's supply and demand.

The thing is, for games like the derby, if a ST holder can't make it, people will now probably just sell their tickets directly to someone for more than they would get through this new re-sale site, so people shouldn't expect to see a load of face-value 'big game' tickets for sale on there. And also, for the games which were usually available for much below face-value on StubHub, these will now be full face-value on the new re-sale site, so ultimately non-regular match goers will likely be paying more for their tickets overall.

"The new platform will give Season Ticket Members the flexibility to remove the ticket from sale if their plans or circumstances change. If a ticket is still unsold on the day of the game, the supporter will receive a reminder via text or email that their ticket is still valid if they wish to attend the fixture"

Isn't that a bit unfair for people who have bought the spare ticket?
I don't live in Liverpool and if I want to come to a game I would need to arrange transport, what if the season ticket holder changes their mind at the last minute and leaves me without a match ticket but an already paid for train ticket? I think if you have got the ticket and agreed to have it, then it should be yours no matter what

"The new platform will give Season Ticket Members the flexibility to remove the ticket from sale if their plans or circumstances change. If a ticket is still unsold on the day of the game, the supporter will receive a reminder via text or email that their ticket is still valid if they wish to attend the fixture"

Isn't that a bit unfair for people who have bought the spare ticket?
I don't live in Liverpool and if I want to come to a game I would need to arrange transport, what if the season ticket holder changes their mind at the last minute and leaves me without a match ticket but an already paid for train ticket? I think if you have got the ticket and agreed to have it, then it should be yours no matter what
If you've paid for the ticket it's yours

Bit of a catch 22 this.

They are only available once general tickets are sold out.

What if people don’t buy the crappy obstructed views in the hope of a decent ST seat, does that stop them from being available.

Actually a great shout this. I'll admit I have on occasions sold my STs for above face value on StubHub when I couldn't make it and the demand was there (Liverpool and Man U only really), but this has always been more than offset by the amount of times I've sold them for 5 or 10 pound for the likes of Palace and Fulham on a Wednesday night! It's supply and demand.

The thing is, for games like the derby, if a ST holder can't make it, people will now probably just sell their tickets directly to someone for more than they would get through this new re-sale site, so people shouldn't expect to see a load of face-value 'big game' tickets for sale on there. And also, for the games which were usually available for much below face-value on StubHub, these will now be full face-value on the new re-sale site, so ultimately non-regular match goers will likely be paying more for their tickets overall.
Spot on. Don’t think I ever got face value on stub hub though only tried to sell a handful. A few never sold at £15

No problem at all with stubhub, worked really well for me when selling and then buying extra's for the family usually at the last minute. Yes, you see the dreamers listing their seat for stupid money every game, in reality I bet those seats were largely unsold in the end. It's good to see the difference in pro-rata to match day ticket price going to EITC though. I wonder if the club will be creaming an administration fee for hosting the service.

Can’t please all of the people all of the time….

Without doing the maths I’m sure our STs save us 5-10 quid a game???
And that’s on ticket prices that I appreciate are expensive for anyone on lower income, they’re extremely competitive against other EPL clubs.
So it‘s a good deal.
So if I can’t go to a game, which I often can’t as I work away, I give it to family or friend.

If you can’t make half the games, maybe you shouldn’t buy a ST?

If you’re looking to fleece a blue for £200 for a derby ticket, the club should be confiscating your ST & freeing it up for a proper fan.

I sympathise with anyone on a budget who might now miss out on a 10 quid ticket, but why should ST holders be able to undercut the club? We want the club to sign Carlos Kickaball from Real Madrid. How do the club pay his £150k a week???

There‘s a waiting list for STs. If this new system doesn’t suit existing ST holders, then nobody’s forcing you to buy one.

Used stubhub a few times before I got my season ticket and always got them for less than face value, I think the cheapest I got was £17 for a brilliant seat in the main stand(near the front) against Watford when silva was in charge of them.
Have also used it since having a season ticket for selling and generally put them on for £20 and £5 for the lads seat, £25 for a dad/mum and lad/daughter day out the way I seen it for someone.

Can’t please all of the people all of the time….

Without doing the maths I’m sure our STs save us 5-10 quid a game???
And that’s on ticket prices that I appreciate are expensive for anyone on lower income, they’re extremely competitive against other EPL clubs.
So it‘s a good deal.
So if I can’t go to a game, which I often can’t as I work away, I give it to family or friend.

If you can’t make half the games, maybe you shouldn’t buy a ST?

If you’re looking to fleece a blue for £200 for a derby ticket, the club should be confiscating your ST & freeing it up for a proper fan.

I sympathise with anyone on a budget who might now miss out on a 10 quid ticket, but why should ST holders be able to undercut the club? We want the club to sign Carlos Kickaball from Real Madrid. How do the club pay his £150k a week???

There‘s a waiting list for STs. If this new system doesn’t suit existing ST holders, then nobody’s forcing you to buy one.

Season ticket holders who only go to half the games stump up £500+ in advance, and then if they resell their ticket on stubhub they contribute further income.

Why shouldn’t they have a season ticket ?

Season ticket holders who only go to half the games stump up £500+ in advance, and then if they resell their ticket on stubhub they contribute further income.

Why shouldn’t they have a season ticket ?

If the club sells you a ticket, then you sell it to someone else, how does that contribute further income?

The club is taking profit from Stubhub & giving it to worthy causes. That’s a good thing.

It‘s cut off an outlet for some greedy chancers to hold a ST to sell off the big games for profit. That’s a good thing.

If the new system doesn’t suit some people, then noone’s forcing them to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.