New Everton Stadium Discussion

If we can't call the stadium Bramley Moore because of the connection to the slave trade then I think naming the ends after docks named after two other historical figures heavily connected to the slave trade is unlikely to wash.

A certain poster has already been disturbed from a quiet period by being thrown a bone, don't give them more ammo for negativity and aggressive hyperbole.

If we can't call the stadium Bramley Moore because of the connection to the slave trade then I think naming the ends after docks named after two other historical figures heavily connected to the slave trade is unlikely to wash.

A certain poster has already been disturbed from a quiet period by being thrown a bone, don't give them more ammo for negativity and aggressive hyperbole.

Genuine question, why are Nelson and Wellington heavily associated with the slave trade? I tend to associate them with Trafalgar and Waterloo.

Matey this is literally my day job. Any client with such a public profile as EFC will - or should have - all sorts of stipulations in there with regard treatment of subbies and any hint of negative PR.
It really depends on what is in the contract. Everton are not a client buying construction services all the time. Labour clauses could quite easily be a fairly standard suite from a standard form of contract.

I doubt the club want any involvement in this.

Genuine question, why are Nelson and Wellington heavily associated with the slave trade? I tend to associate them with Trafalgar and Waterloo.
I'm not trying to Labour the point at all, and perhaps saying 'heavily connected' was an over statement, but a quick Google throws up some evidence certainly that Nelson was anything but anti-slavery. Both existed at a time when colonial Britain was in its full pomp so the links to the slave trade are almost inevitable.

I am not trying to diminish what either of them achieved, but in today's culture people are quick to dig up such stuff and use it as a reason not to further celebrate them. That was the only point I tried to make.

See Dave still hell bent on the New Stadium NOT being built.

All in vain tho.

Up the Bramley Moore Toffee's.

His the self anointed spokesperson for all Scouse/Evertonians out there and if he says it’s not getting then it’s not.

What your seeing on the dock is Moshiri’s brand spanking new personal Costco

It really depends on what is in the contract. Everton are not a client buying construction services all the time. Labour clauses could quite easily be a fairly standard suite from a standard form of contract.

I doubt the club want any involvement in this.
They're up to their necks in it whether they like it or not. The 'brand' WILL be tarnished if they dont lean heavily on LOR to mend their ways down there.

They're up to their necks in it whether they like it or not. The 'brand' WILL be tarnished if they dont lean heavily on LOR to mend their ways down there.
If there is stuff in the contract, they can lean on them. If there isn’t there isn’t much they can do bar paying LoR to sort it out.

To be honest, I haven’t followed this story closely, so I’m not fully aware of the underlying issues.