New Everton Stadium Discussion

The metal forms the reinforcement for the slab to add strength. There will be a concrete topping added later to form a complete reinforcement concrete deck.

…thanks Andy, much appreciated. As you can probably tell, I pushed a pen for my 41 year career, really fascinating to see the detail in this construction.

Will the concrete ‘topping’ be poured on & skimmed?

Hows about this as part of the opening ceremony:

New Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock, (whatever it may be named), full to the rafters with blues and away supporters of a team befitting the event.

Stadium floodlights are off and the stadium is in near darkness. The Big screens stop showing historic Everton games and iconic players and reverts to a live image of a laser beam being shone from Prince Ruperts Tower to a floodlit Goodison Park.

The laser beam goes out and the lights at Goodison fade.

A moment later (you've guessed it) the laser hits New Stadium, floodlights turn on and fireworks start.

Cant wait.
And the day after the grounds subsides and is out of action for months, meaning we have to share a stadium with Liverpool as Goodson has been bulldozed.
Its the Everton way.

…thanks Andy, much appreciated. As you can probably tell, I pushed a pen for my 41 year career, really fascinating to see the detail in this construction.

Will the concrete ‘topping’ be poured on & skimmed?

I'm a Civil Engineer and spend most of my time sat behind a desk designing! There's nothing more satisfying though than watching something being built, whether I've worked on it or not!

The concrete will be poured/pumped, like they're doing with the foundations etc so will fill all the voids in the reinforcement. They'll then float/ trowel the top for a smooth finish.

Imagine a Liverbird taking off from our HQ and flying up the Mersey, landing on the stadium roof and then morphing into a huge badge that fills the gap in the roof. Cue huge firework show.

Nailed it! That would be spectacular...if it worked.
Frightening the speed this new stadium is flying up. One looks at Goodison - given how tired and and aged she is - and the recent derby rammed home how much of an absolute palace we're leaving and the sheer ferocity and energy she is capable of when packed with a seething crowd. Not too many games potentially left at her... would dearly love to see a final trophy paraded within her before we finally say goodbye.

I'm not gonna cry.... honest
Taking a bit of a chance with the gender bias, methinks. You could be facing the wrath of a certain well known forum supporter!

I really don't think the CGI released by the club at the outset will do justice to the finished product no matter how much I try to buy into it. The completed stadium is going to be something akin to a work of stunning beauty and I can't wait to pay a visit to the site in the coming weeks.

The lads and lasses engaged on the project should...and will be...applauded for their efforts to date. Think I may have said it before but once completed I reckon the club may invite them all back for one mighty piss up before the formal inauguration by way of acknowledging their efforts. I know they shouldn't expect to be rewarded in this way for doing what is, essentially, a job of work for which they get paid like anyone else in the workplace but this is a piece of unique social history in the making and to which future generations will flock.

Nailed it! That would be spectacular...if it worked.

Taking a bit of a chance with the gender bias, methinks. You could be facing the wrath of a certain well known forum supporter!
When the subject crops up with my female acquaintances, I always say, "Don't you worry your pretty little head about gender bias". It's amazing how many different A&E departments I get to wake up in.