New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great footage. What on earth are the structures across the middle of the pitch?
They seem to be two layers of shipping containers on concrete plinths linked with white steelwork?. They are clearly temporary, but what are they for?

is it something to do with assembling the roof trusses?

They seem to be two layers of shipping containers on concrete plinths linked with white steelwork?. They are clearly temporary, but what are they for?

Exactly that. Temporary and will aid the assembly and lifting process. Which must presumably be pending on the north end at least.

I read that is correct. They are there for when the roof is built to support it at various stages of the construction. They are then completely removed once the roof is in place.

Sounds a bit mental, but I guess modern engineering and all that.

Question re Goodison on the old days.

Where was the boys pen, and where was the paddock? Alan Myers mentioned both earlier on Twitter.

….the Boys Pen was a caged area in the back right hand corner of the Gwladys St terracing if you look from the pitch.

if I remember rightly, The Paddock was the terracing in front of the Bullens Road Stand.

Dirty rs only allowed route to the stadium

DBDC4956-C529-43C0-9824-40F6391EB0E4.jpeg

Afternoon lads
I haven’t been around for a while so I’ve a quick question regarding the ground
Is @davek still adamant the carpet bagger won’t build the ground ? ?
No he has reluctantly accepted that, but now he has decided that retrospectively criticising the design, more specifically the brickwork, is the best way to annoy hell out of us all.