New Everton Stadium Discussion

In terms of names, it will only be known as Bramley Moore if it's played in for a couple of seasons as that name first to establish it.

Otherwise, if it opens with a sponsor name it will always be known as that, even if it changes.

For example, who still calls it the Echo Arena even though it's been the M&S Bank arena for years now?

Who still calls it the Reebok Stadium even though it's had two names since.

The next sponsor to Arsenal's ground will have the fight against literally everyone calling it the Emirates. (It was called Ashburton Grove whilst being built)
Likewise the Alliance Arena.

Spurs have been clever calling it the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. They intend to get a sponsor eventually but wanted to establish it first.

We need the money though it remains to be seen if it goes by the name of Everton Stadium.

Given the struggles Spurs, West Ham have had finding viable naming rights deals with all their London advantages and given our dodgy oligarch is parked in sanctions hell for the foreseeable future I think it will be Bramley-Moore Moore/Everton Stadium for a good few years.

Our best chance of avoiding that is probably if the club gets sold to someone bringing Etihad/Emirates style sponsorship with them.

Unfortunately without such a saviour it leaves Moshiri/us carrying more of the build cost and higher interest payments at a time interest rates are rising.

Maximising every commercial £ and, dare I say it, ticket & matchday revenues will most likely be absolutely critical over the first 5-10 years in situ.

In terms of names, it will only be known as Bramley Moore if it's played in for a couple of seasons as that name first to establish it.

Otherwise, if it opens with a sponsor name it will always be known as that, even if it changes.

For example, who still calls it the Echo Arena even though it's been the M&S Bank arena for years now?

Who still calls it the Reebok Stadium even though it's had two names since.

The next sponsor to Arsenal's ground will have the fight against literally everyone calling it the Emirates. (It was called Ashburton Grove whilst being built)
Likewise the Alliance Arena.

Spurs have been clever calling it the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. They intend to get a sponsor eventually but wanted to establish it first.

We need the money though it remains to be seen if it goes by the name of Everton Stadium.
Nah, it’s Bramley Moore to local scousers and I can’t see anything changing that.. The media can have what title they like

Given the struggles Spurs, West Ham have had finding viable naming rights deals with all their London advantages and given our dodgy oligarch is parked in sanctions hell for the foreseeable future I think it will be Bramley-Moore Moore/Everton Stadium for a good few years.

Our best chance of avoiding that is probably if the club gets sold to someone bringing Etihad/Emirates style sponsorship with them.

Unfortunately without such a saviour it leaves Moshiri/us carrying more of the build cost and higher interest payments at a time interest rates are rising.

Maximising every commercial £ and, dare I say it, ticket & matchday revenues will most likely be absolutely critical over the first 5-10 years in situ.
Yep, I think it'll take a sale to attract a corporate sponsor capable of naming that stadium. But I could even see the sale taking place before 2024, and if not then soon after.

There wont be any shortage of takers with stupendous cash funds for a PL team in a brand spanking new stadium on that waterfront. That has to be Moshiri/Usmanov's calculation.

In the meantime the club are hammering home the 'Everton Stadium' brand in the same way that Spurs call theirs the Tottenham Stadium.

talk-to-a-brick-wall-not-listening.gif

I was at the opening of the Lusail Stadium in Qatar this evening. It’s massive. 85,000 seats.

I went to the back of the lower half and the view was incredible. I was trying to get a sense of the scale of BMD.

The lower half where I took this photo was 44 rows. I reckon BMD will be as high as the top of the ring just above the corporate boxes but steeper. It’ll be immense.

Lusail is a huge stadium. The design of it now is far from the original one, the original one had four cores in the corner that held all the concessions and toilets etc. The scale was so large, that it was calculated that some seats were a 1.2km round trip for a pi££. There was also a special entrance for the Sheik, where he could drive his car up to the 3rd level where his seat is, cause he doesn't like stairs.

The stadium as it is now is still really spectacular though, but unbelievably is downscaled from its original design.

Also, prior to them moving it to Winter, we ran calculations on the cooling capacity and energy required to maintain 22°C for each spectator, while keeping an open roof. Those numbers have since fell out of my head cause they were so huge.

The club and support should really push "The Fourth Grace" name for it. It's going to be something really special and instantly recognisable as a landmark... let's refer to it as such