New Everton Stadium Discussion

Absolutely fantastic.
Too early to start queuing for a half time pint?
I wonder who we will play to open it? Could be the Everton Chile team? I'd maybe like to see us play Aston Villa as the most played top flight fixture - or maybe Sheffield as the oldest team in the world? Notts County deserve consideration - or a mix up against each other with our mens and ladies teams? Maybe the Ukraine National team if Putin hasn't been canned by then?
Maybe do something groundbreaking and do a half and half opening match... 1st 45 at goodison, then head to the docks for the second half.

Which would you rather have tickets for though?

Next season will be the 50th year I've been going to Goodison. Leaving her is gonna be heart breaking and I know I'm gonna be a mess when the time comes and I've said many times before how hard that ending will be but standing by those beautiful stone pillars watching our new home taking shape does genuinely take some of that gut wrench away.
Seeing what's there already, and how quickly it's growing, week by week, is both fascinating and exciting to watch as a lifelong Evertonian.

How anyone can not be excited by it baffles me tbh.

Next season will be the 50th year I've been going to Goodison. Leaving her is gonna be heart breaking and I know I'm gonna be a mess when the time comes and I've said many times before how hard that ending will be but standing by those beautiful stone pillars watching our new home taking shape does genuinely take some of that gut wrench away.
Seeing what's there already, and how quickly it's growing, week by week, is both fascinating and exciting to watch as a lifelong Evertonian.

How anyone can not be excited by it baffles me tbh.
Whatever, whenever that last match happens, ticket or not, I will be there to shed a few, raise a glass and thank her for the memories while looking forward to a new era

Definitely gonna be the hardest one to be at, like you mate just 50 years going and all that went before me, hoping my Old Man is still with us to see in the new era while remembering his time watching with his Dad.

The emotion will be truly something.

Absolutely fantastic.
Too early to start queuing for a half time pint?
I wonder who we will play to open it? Could be the Everton Chile team? I'd maybe like to see us play Aston Villa as the most played top flight fixture - or maybe Sheffield as the oldest team in the world? Notts County deserve consideration - or a mix up against each other with our mens and ladies teams? Maybe the Ukraine National team if Putin hasn't been canned by then?
Surely we should involve Bolton as they were our first opponents at Goodison?

Plus any nod to anything historic seems to annoy Davek so win/win

Stop tomorrow. You can park right opposite the main entrance. Get out and take 5 minutes to have a proper look and soak it in. It's beautiful.

Don't do that, it smells terrible your clothes will always have that smell from the treatment plant and will forever be tainted