New Everton Stadium Discussion

The point they are making is that the openings onto the dock road aren’t particularly wide and there aren’t many of them. That is the whole point.

No mate, there will be more than enough space to exit. 50,000 people do not approach the openings at the same time. They have to get out of their seats first and make their way down various stairways to ground level and the exits, then they have to walk from whichever side of the ground they are on all the way around to the wall. It will be a steady flow of people besides those that tend to hang around a bit to have a pint….

Isn't this egress thing a bit of a non issue considering that other than the side streets of Goodison Road, there is not a lot of exit avenues wrapped around Goodison either along with the narrow streets, and it has never been a problem before?
When some of those convergence points are swarming with Somalia-Algerian street gangs and trigger happy police with tear gas then you know it's going to be an issue.

Especially on a rs match day when they go to the wrong stadium by mistake.

No mate, there will be more than enough space to exit. 50,000 people do not approach the openings at the same time. They have to get out of their seats first and make their way down various stairways to ground level and the exits, then they have to walk from whichever side of the ground they are on all the way around to the wall. It will be a steady flow of people besides those that tend to hang around a bit to have a pint….
When leaving, everybody is going at much the same time. That’s the point.

The Bullens Road stand has about the same exit capacity. It will be like getting out of Stanley park car park.

To be honest, I’m not bothered. I think we will naturally stagger our exits anyway after a while because we won’t want to queue.

If they have any sense, they will open up bars post match and keep some at the ground for a while.

Going off the drawings this is the size and rake of the blue wall seating/standing 5O metres in length from 1st row to top row. 38 metres from floor level to top row of seats. Image taken off one of
@MisterDrone video

Its only a quick mock up but you can see how amazing its going to be.

View attachment 173068View attachment 173069View attachment 173071View attachment 173072

Brilliant stuff. Thanks for posting. On the top one I can see 54.16, I think. Anybody know what that refers to?

When leaving, everybody is going at much the same time. That’s the point.

The Bullens Road stand has about the same exit capacity. It will be like getting out of Stanley park car park.

To be honest, I’m not bothered. I think we will naturally stagger our exits anyway after a while because we won’t want to queue.

If they have any sense, they will open up bars post match and keep some at the ground for a while.

The point he's making is that the people on the West side of the stadium have to walk around the ends of the stadium before they even get to the same area that most of the people in the east stand have already been through by that point. Prob takes a good 5 minutes to walk around.

When you factor 5k hospitality will probably hang around, 3k away fans likewise, if another 5 stay around for a drink in the stadium the numbers going through those exits won't be huge and eventually there will be another 3 ways by the look of it along and through Nelson dock. It's just another topic to complain about for some posters.

Brilliant stuff. Thanks for posting. On the top one I can see 54.16, I think. Anybody know what that refers to?
agree thats great, can't wait to see the build come together

I'm guessing for the concourse for the upper park of the south stand there will be staircases from the bottom 'General admission' section

The point he's making is that the people on the West side of the stadium have to walk around the ends of the stadium before they even get to the same area that most of the people in the east stand have already been through by that point. Prob takes a good 5 minutes to walk around.

When you factor 5k hospitality will probably hang around, 3k away fans likewise, if another 5 stay around for a drink in the stadium the numbers going through those exits won't be huge and eventually there will be another 3 ways by the look of it along and through Nelson dock. It's just another topic to complain about for some posters.
I’m not complaining. I’m incredibly relaxed. I love the stadium and think it will be superb for us.

I do think there will be congestion at the wall, but it’s a football match and to be expected.

In the grand scheme of things it’s a non issue.