New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes absolutely totally 100% serious. Why would you want to leave Goodison?
Some people don’t want to mate, a massive minority I’d imagine, I’m not to keen on the idea myself and it’s going to be heartbreaking ,but it’s not about me it’s about the future of the club and money talks more now than ever before,
The club has been clearly mis manged for decades and this could be the turning point, especially as there’s nothing much else going for us,
I’ll have done 50 years at GP by the time we go, it’ll be devastating to me and definitely won’t be the same watching us anywhere else, as for if it will be a better, that will be for others to decide, I’m not so sure.

On a serious note, with the concerns about the exit facilities which @davek is quite right to point out, then plod are going to have be seriously on top in the more 'volatile' fixtures because i can't see the hardcore Everton support suddenly turning into a prawn sandwich brigade overnight. the away fans are going to be having to stay behind for a ridiculous amount of time i reckon.
I have thought this myself considering the site is essentially a cul-de-sac with only one way out.
In my younger days I would have anticipated the fun and games that would have ensued from such a layout.

Some people don’t want to mate, a massive minority I’d imagine, I’m not to keen on the idea myself and it’s going to be heartbreaking ,but it’s not about me it’s about the future of the club and money talks more now than ever before,
The club has been clearly mis manged for decades and this could be the turning point, especially as there’s nothing much else going for us,
I’ll have done 50 years at GP by the time we go, it’ll be devastating to me and definitely won’t be the same watching us anywhere else, as for if it will be a better, that will be for others to decide, I’m not so sure.
In all honesty I always hoped we could re -develop Goodison but the will or ability to do this never seemed to be there.
Being Walton born and bred it will be an enormous wrench to leave a place I have such a deep attachment to.
I have also never been to a any new ground which surpassed the atmosphere or distinctiveness of the one it replaced.

Not sure that's right. My understanding is that there are three large openings proposed in the section of wall between the two existing gates. Two of them can be seen in this image from the Design and Access Statement.
Them bollards between the wall openings look more a hinderance than a help, especially at full time. Not sure what the point in them is.

I disagree, it's turned this whole thread into a turgid chore. It should be interesting to log onto everyday but bellends like him and tedious tits like Tom Hughes have ruined it. I may be and I probably am in the minority but if they were both booted into touch this thread would be a lot better. They're both like children who think it's entertaining and funny to say the same thing ad nauseum.
Completely agree but I think their aim is to kill the buzz for everyone so just bang them on mute and eventually they’ll get the hint and go back to RAWK or wherever

Hive of activity this morning...
IMG_20220708_085632.jpg

Them bollards between the wall openings look more a hinderance than a help, especially at full time. Not sure what the point in them is.
I assume it will be Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM). Also why I think they have offset the openings from Blackstone Street. Measures to mitigate some loon driving a vehicle into crowds as we have unfortunately seen used as an act of terrorism in recent years.

On a serious note, with the concerns about the exit facilities which @davek is quite right to point out, then plod are going to have be seriously on top in the more 'volatile' fixtures because i can't see the hardcore Everton support suddenly turning into a prawn sandwich brigade overnight. the away fans are going to be having to stay behind for a ridiculous amount of time i reckon.

I assume it will be Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM). Also why I think they have offset the openings from Blackstone Street. Measures to mitigate some loon driving a vehicle into crowds as we have unfortunately seen used as an act of terrorism in recent years.
We all know who the terrorists would be in those circumstances: the same terrorists who struck Brussells, Athens and Paris.

Not sure that's right. My understanding is that there are three large openings proposed in the section of wall between the two existing gates. Two of them can be seen in this image from the Design and Access Statement.
I think that foreshortens their proximity to each other, btw.

The distance of the perimeter wall is 215 metres and the three designated openings would be about 75 metres from each other by the looks of the diagram I posted above.