New Everton Stadium Discussion

You posted this......

And followed with this. The strong implication being the access and egress was the reason for call in.

I get it Dave, you like to have a hobby horse to flog to death.

I can't wait to see what's next. Perhaps they're idiots for preserving the cobblestones because on wintery days they'll be a nightmarem
I said DK was called in because it was hopeless, not that it was called in specifically for access / egress issues.

Back on to the point though:

anyone believing that 53,000 people get out of the current plans for that wall periemeter to the site efficiently need their heads feeling.

I said DK was called in because it was hopeless, not that it was called in specifically for access / egress issues.

Back on to the point though:

anyone believing that 53,000 people get out of the current plans for that wall periemeter to the site efficiently need their heads feeling.

…I understand your point, the turret openings are small. Whilst I don’t want the wall knocking down, streams of fans will find it difficult funnelling through existing gaps so it would make sense to widen the space or add more access points.

Surely the club has taken this into account. From a H&S perspective it must be captured on the Project risk log.

…I understand your point, the turret openings are small. Whilst I don’t want the wall knocking down, streams of fans will find it difficult funnelling through existing gaps so it would make sense to widen the space or add more access points.

Surely the club has taken this into account. From a H&S perspective it must be captured on the Project risk log.

I think they bent over backwards for the conservationist zealots and agreed to stuff they know wont work, believing that once built they'll sort it later.

I think they bent over backwards for the conservationist zealots and agreed to stuff they know wont work, believing that once built they'll sort it later.

….very much doubt that is something that can be sorted later. I imagine it’ll have to be part of the criteria for the Safety Certificate. Surely there’ll be greater access than there currently is.

You are most likely correct on that, they know it wont work, but because some idiots are trying to force it upon them they agreed to it. They know full well that after the first few matches they will able to do whatever they want with it and the idiots will look like idiots. They may have even already drawn up their "Plan B" site plans, which will be conveniently ready after a short "study" period.

You are most likely correct on that, they know it wont work, but because some idiots are trying to force it upon them they agreed to it. They know full well that after the first few matches they will able to do whatever they want with it and the idiots will look like idiots. They may have even already drawn up their "Plan B" site plans, which will be conveniently ready after a short "study" period.
I think inevitably that will happen. Hopefully some common sense prevails before a match is played.

I'm sure there are people on here with experience of situations like this who could testify to late changes to peripheral issues like this without it all having to go under a planning department's noses.

….very much doubt that is something that can be sorted later. I imagine it’ll have to be part of the criteria for the Safety Certificate. Surely there’ll be greater access than there currently is.
Well, there's two gates at the moment and the plan is to cut through a larger opening in the wall equidistant to those two gates. And the club have agreed to as smaller opening as possible for conservation purposes. I'd have thought vehicle access will take up one of these entrance/exit points, so that's asking a lot of two entry/exit points to handle 50,000 looking to get out of the site - and the bulk will be leaving together over minutes not hours.

IIRC the DK plans had staggered leaving times for fans - home and away supporters alike - because of the congerstion it would have had to Kirkby residents around that proposed stadium.

The club have form on stuff like this.

Well, there's two gates at the moment and the plan is to cut through a larger opening in the wall equidistant to those two gates. And the club have agreed to as smaller opening as possible for conservation purposes. I'd have thought vehicle access will take up one of these entrance/exit points, so that's asking a lot of two entry/exit points to handle 50,000 looking to get out of the site - and the bulk will be leaving together over minutes not hours.

IIRC the DK plans had staggered leaving times for fans - home and away supporters alike - because of the congerstion it would have had to Kirkby residents around that proposed stadium.

The club have form on stuff like this.
The plans show a total of 5 access/egress points. The 2 existing gates you mention, plus 3 new ones.

Vehicles to be held back until pedestrians have largely cleared.

The plans show a total of 5 access/egress points. The 2 existing gates you mention, plus 3 new ones.

Vehicles to be held back until pedestrians have largely cleared.

Sorry, was having trouble attaching.

1657206479674.png

Got to say Dave pivoting from "it's never getting built" to "it might get built, but it's being done for nefarious reasons" to "it probably will get built but it won't be any good" is impressive stuff

We're almost 5575 pages in and people are still biting

I disagree, it's turned this whole thread into a turgid chore. It should be interesting to log onto everyday but bellends like him and tedious tits like Tom Hughes have ruined it. I may be and I probably am in the minority but if they were both booted into touch this thread would be a lot better. They're both like children who think it's entertaining and funny to say the same thing ad nauseum.