New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great pic of the south stand.
One point of note is that the marked white angled beams running from the base of the main support beams back up to the stand do not appear on any previous plans or images.

InkedFWXZ9dGWYAASCkB.jpg

As can be seen from these images.

Inked01eve5en.jpg
ri_5 (3).png

Maybe not so significant in itself, but it does show that changes have been made to the design and we may be in for more surprises as the build develops.

Are those lower white beams contained within the brick facade?
Maybe, difficult to know for sure without seeing how far from the edge of Nelson Dock the bases are.

It looks to me that they the the supports that go to the first observation level looking towards the city.

*edit. I see now the original post means the ones angled towards the pitch. Can't see them on the rendering but I doubt it's significant. Maybe the 3d modeller just CBA shading them in.

One point of note is that the marked white angled beams running from the base of the main support beams back up to the stand do not appear on any previous plans or images.
That's a great spot.

Sure I seen a comment somewhere saying the white beams are only temporary during the build, but don’t take my word for it.
That's interesting. I'd like to see confirmation of that. It does feel like those beams would break the walkway up in a fairly significant way.

I’m enjoying seeing it go up, but to echo what thousands have said , thousands of times, just can’t shake disappointment at the capacity.

I know about safe standing, and room for expansion etc. But the standard capacity just seems low, specifically in terms of other events outside of football.

It’s gonna end up being a £1b stadium with a mid capacity, I would have really liked us to be competing with Manchester in terms of getting large stadium bands at BMD, but I just don’t see why any promoter would have them here over Manchester.

Liverpool has always been the ginger stepbrother to Manchester when it comes to the music scene, and it would have been nice to have something that made Liverpool a ‘must stop’ destination in terms of those kind of events.

Anfield has tried to up their game with this lately, in a fairly transparent attempt to take some shine away from BMD, but Anfield won’t get a look in, Manchester is the big competition.

With the Etihad being 55k, Old Trafford barely being used and LCC only having a few seats (albeit a bigger standing area) a 60k seater stadium would have bigger to the city than a football ground.

We must remember the Etihad was not built by City.
Old Trafford had space around it.
Goodison and our old ground are wedged in.
This is a relative first for one of the big 4 north west clubs.
The poorest of those 4 clubs building the new stadium. Sometimes we need to recognise where we are and how much of a huge step building this new ground on the waterfront actually is.

View attachment 171677

As can be seen from these images.

View attachment 171678View attachment 171679

Maybe not so significant in itself, but it does show that changes have been made to the design and we may be in for more surprises as the build develops.

It's temporary bracing to provide structural stability. Will be removed eventually.

I’m enjoying seeing it go up, but to echo what thousands have said , thousands of times, just can’t shake disappointment at the capacity.

I know about safe standing, and room for expansion etc. But the standard capacity just seems low, specifically in terms of other events outside of football.

It’s gonna end up being a £1b stadium with a mid capacity, I would have really liked us to be competing with Manchester in terms of getting large stadium bands at BMD, but I just don’t see why any promoter would have them here over Manchester.

Liverpool has always been the ginger stepbrother to Manchester when it comes to the music scene, and it would have been nice to have something that made Liverpool a ‘must stop’ destination in terms of those kind of events.

Anfield has tried to up their game with this lately, in a fairly transparent attempt to take some shine away from BMD, but Anfield won’t get a look in, Manchester is the big competition.

With the Etihad being 55k, Old Trafford barely being used and LCC only having a few seats (albeit a bigger standing area) a 60k seater stadium would have bigger to the city than a football ground.
But as has been discussed through this whole process is that we want a football ground not a music venue or a sports stadium. As regards to the capacity. I'd sooner have a full ground with amazing intimidating atmosphere than an Etihad where quite frequently there are empty seats and the atmosphere is not a patch on the grand old lady or dare I say it, the s£(? Pit.

No, the brick facade sits against the verticle square black beams. If you look carefully you can see these black beams resemble the leitch pattern, which is designed to show through the perforated wall panels that run in between the brickwork.
You sure?

Wasn't the mock-up on site just darker coloured bricks layed within the courses of bricks?