New Everton Stadium Discussion

They’ve announced a consultation on works which will take it to 50,000. They could have a consultation on plans to take it to 60,000.

But they’re not.

Wyness said we needed scope to have a 70,000 seater stadium at Kirkby.

Words are easy to say, aren’t they?
Why are you and others so defensive?

It's like you think any debate on the capacity is a criticism of the stadium.

Same - although Im more bothered about the quality of the build both internal and external than of the capacity tbh.

Would rather a 53k BMD that looks boss than a say 58k Oylmpic Stadium that is awful inside.

Anfield and Villa Parks extensions both look poor externally imo.
I agree I am more than happy with the stadium as it is. Looks amazing and is the best thing about this club at the moment.

If any new board coming in want to show ambition then pushing BMD to 60k will pay for itself multiple times over.

Could do that by reducing the amount of entrances from the concourses or lifting the back of the stand North and south level with the East and West.

The 60,000 plan v the 52,888 plan.

The north stand is the exact same size. Obviously that’s the max area that can be developed between the dock wall and the boundary wall (without damaging the dock wall.

For the other 3 sides it’s 6.5m narrower, so that’s about 8 or 9 rows.

Even another 4 or so rows to get it to >55k would have been nice imo.

Attachments

• 3BB5C931-A8D2-4270-BAD7-DC59426643EE.jpeg
    3BB5C931-A8D2-4270-BAD7-DC59426643EE.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 153

If any new board coming in want to show ambition then pushing BMD to 60k will pay for itself multiple times over.

Could do that by reducing the amount of entrances from the concourses or lifting the back of the stand North and south level with the East and West.
Im guessing part of that is due to health and safety, however instead of the big gap for the window at the top of the stand they could put the 20 rows back in that they've decided to cut out from the original plan.

The first phase of the plans includes a brand-new North Stand connecting into Trinity Stand, and enhancements to the existing Trinity Stand which will see capacity for the stadium increase to over 50,000.

Not like you to bend the truth to fit an agenda Dave.

Could have at least knocked up some computer generated designs instead of something seen on a cheap CBBC cartoon.

The 60,000 plan v the 52,888 plan.

The north stand is the exact same size. Obviously that’s the max area that can be developed between the dock wall and the boundary wall (without damaging the dock wall.

For the other 3 sides it’s 6.5m narrower, so that’s about 8 or 9 rows.

Even another 4 or so rows to get it to >55k would have been nice imo.

I fail to believe the 60k and 3 stand versions we saw are the same as the single stand we have now.

I'm suprised we haven't tried tapping into the students that come to the city to study.

3x Uni's + Edge Hill down the road and there is big potential to attract and convert young future Blues there with pay at the gate tickets.

For me we focus too much on season ticket holders which is great - but like you and others have said we could have pushed slightly higher and aimed those seats at students and those fans who dont have a season ticket.

Yeh loads of students have a spare 50 quid all in to go and watch a team they don't support.

Yeh loads of students have a spare 50 quid all in to go and watch a team they don't support.

I know plenty of lads who studied at Leeds/Sheffield/down London who went the matches down there, met a mate myself at uni in Liverpool who was a Notts Forest fan but went to Anfield to watch the odd lower round cup games.

Just because you may live a sheltered existence don't assume everyone else does.

I wonder if our new American overlords will revisit the capacity and look to increase it. I may be mistaken but did Spurs not increase their capacity after the build had started?