New Everton Stadium Discussion

You can knock about 10 rows off the top, so it will be roughly the same width as the kop, just a lot steeper.

Still impressive and if we didn't know about the above we would have taken it. Just silly to have gone public with the 60k version.

The Kop is 76 rows but obviously doesn't have wrap around corners, is by comparison fairly shallow and has very tight treads. The South stand is now only 60 rows but with roomier treads and is much steeper, which gives the appearance of greater scale. I think they may have also extended its boundaries further into the cranked corner sections, to bring that capacity figure up too. In terms of volume of people and depth of stand, it is essentially like adding 20 rows onto the back of the park end and cranking it around the corners.

It may be a moot comparison in anycase..... If safe-standing at over 1:1 ratio is ever allowed, I think the Kop will be the next rebuild over there. They're already talking about it because even the new Anfield Rd stand is bigger than it and will hold 16k.

You see from the planning images just how much work is still to be done. It is quite sobering. Including the roof there is effectively three tiers of steelwork, the roof itself, two tiers of internal floors, all the seats, all the services and out-fitting, car parking and the work on the external environment (steps, wind baffles, restoration of original dock features etc.).

It is going to be a busy two years as it really is a big, complex and ambitious project to go from water to (fingers crossed) the finished end product matching expectation/design.

Thanks for all the updates noggsy!

You see from the planning images just how much work is still to be done. It is quite sobering. Including the roof there is effectively three tiers of steelwork, the roof itself, two tiers of internal floors, all the seats, all the services and out-fitting, car parking and the work on the external environment (steps, wind baffles, restoration of original dock features etc.).

It is going to be a busy two years as it really is a big, complex and ambitious project to go from water to (fingers crossed) the finished end product matching expectation/design.

The scale of the whole thing is massive to people not in construction.

The reality is the hard work is done. (filling in a big hole full of water and piling down into that.)

It's now more of a coordination/assembly job. It's still very impressive and any unexpected delay from just one supplier can mess the whole timeline up.

Oh no - you’ve don’t it now…..
A2D2AB54-258B-4771-8026-3B97145E167F.jpeg

The Kop is 76 rows but obviously doesn't have wrap around corners, is by comparison fairly shallow and has very tight treads. The South stand is now only 60 rows but with roomier treads and is much steeper, which gives the appearance of greater scale. I think they may have also extended its boundaries further into the cranked corner sections, to bring that capacity figure up too. In terms of volume of people and depth of stand, it is essentially like adding 20 rows onto the back of the park end and cranking it around the corners.

It may be a moot comparison in anycase..... If safe-standing at over 1:1 ratio is ever allowed, I think the Kop will be the next rebuild over there. They're already talking about it because even the new Anfield Rd stand is bigger than it and will hold 16k.

Interestingly enough that comparison diagram shows 62 rows on our new south stand so maybe it's closer than I originally thought.

Of course it doesn't show the super riser so the real life version will look different and perhaps may be raked so it's not so impressive in size, it could however be there or there abouts. We can't really worry what they do with Anfield next, we've just got to make ours look and function well, if that diagram is 95% there we should be happy.

Interestingly enough that comparison diagram shows 62 rows on our new south stand so maybe it's closer than I originally thought.

Of course it doesn't show the super riser so the real life version will look different and perhaps may be raked so it's not so impressive in size, it could however be there or there abouts. We can't really worry what they do with Anfield next, we've just got to make ours look and function well, if that diagram is 95% there we should be happy.
Yeah, I assumed it would be a good bit smaller, but as you said the original image shows about 62 rows.

I’d love if they could release updated sections comparing the stands to other grounds.

I think they are done for the foreseeable future after the Anfield road. The other 2 stands are huge projects. 61k is a decent effort though and justifies staying put

Question in one of the videos I believe it may be the school of science one he mentions capacity change if safe standing is approved

What's the likely time frame on that decision before the fitting out is complete

Or will it be typical everton and be a week later

Anyone have a idea ?

Question in one of the videos I believe it may be the school of science one he mentions capacity change if safe standing is approved

What's the likely time frame on that decision before the fitting out is complete

Or will it be typical everton and be a week later

Anyone have a idea ?
I think the safe standings will be relatively soon, probably by the time the stadium is built, however this will be on a 1:1 ratio, one seat for one standing, there's hope that this may change years down the line where they maybe have a more people per space hence why they are hoping for 60k stadium capacity