New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know that the stand is much taller than the pump house. But the pump house is foregrounded there.

My original point was that the dock wall prevents the stadium from being seen and appreciated.

I'm convinced that wall will come down, if not before the opening then soon after. You cant have access / egress to a stadium of that capacity via 5 gates.
wonder how many manage Wembley way

I'm convinced that wall will come down, if not before the opening then soon after. You cant have access / egress to a stadium of that capacity via 5 gates.
If they just plonked Goodison on the site you're right, it would be a big issue.

As the club are highly likely to want to entice people to hang around a bit post match to spend a bit more on F&B this will alleviate a little pressure. I'm pretty sure I also read they (Peel) are making a rivierside walkway that some may use before cutting accross back towards Regent Road (or carrying on all the way into town if its not howling wind and lashing rain)

After a few games people will figure out what works best for them.

I know that the stand is much taller than the pump house. But the pump house is foregrounded there.

My original point was that the dock wall prevents the stadium from being seen and appreciated.

Would the walls not have the same protection status as the dock buildings?
"It is bounded to the west by the River Mersey, along which are a series of docks, no longer used for their original purpose of transporting cargo. These are centred on what has become an area of tourist attractions, the Pier Head and Albert Dock. The dockland area stretches to the north as far as Wellington Dock, and to the south to Brunswick Dock. The listed buildings associated with the docks include their retaining walls, sea walls, graving docks, warehouses, gates, huts, and structures providing hydraulic power. Moving inland, the area covers most of the commercial district of the city, and the southern end of the residential districts of Vauxhall and Everton. Streets covered in the district include Mount Pleasant, up to the area of the University of Liverpool, and along London Road and Pembroke Place to the Royal Infirmary. The listed buildings in these areas include offices, residential buildings, a former convent, a hospital, memorials, a school, and university buildings.

Grade II listed buildings from other areas in the city can be found through the box on the right, along with the lists of the Grade I and Grade II* buildings in the city."

If they just plonked Goodison on the site you're right, it would be a big issue.

As the club are highly likely to want to entice people to hang around a bit post match to spend a bit more on F&B this will alleviate a little pressure. I'm pretty sure I also read they (Peel) are making a rivierside walkway that some may use before cutting accross back towards Regent Road (or carrying on all the way into town if its not howling wind and lashing rain)

After a few games people will figure out what works best for them.
There's also the natural pacing of the crowd taking longer to get to the gates from the western half of the stadium.

This will all have been modelled. It doesn't matter how bright certain forum members consider themselves, they aren't more qualified to speak on this than the professionals.

I guess we must be maxing out at least one concrete supplier, at least some of the concrete steps are coming from Suffolk.

Must be a hell of a logistical task to organise all these suppliers and synchronise manufacture and delivery in the order we need them for the optimal construction pace.
Yes, could well be the case. This puts an even more unique maritime component to the stadium. Riverside location, infilled dock, dock filled with reclaimed sand from the seabed and now at least some of the concrete terrace sections brought by ship from Ireland.

It’s something the club could and should play up from a promotional perspective in the fullness of time.

Yes, could well be the case. This puts an even more unique maritime component to the stadium. Riverside location, infilled dock, dock filled with reclaimed sand from the seabed and now at least some of the concrete terrace sections brought by ship from Ireland.

It’s something the club could and should play up from a promotional perspective in the fullness of time.
It's only right part of the ground should be built in Ireland. The Irish have obviously contributed so much to the city over the centuries.

It’s a listed structure, and personally I like the idea of keeping our shiny new ground protected from any roaming RS….

It's only right part of the ground should be built in Ireland. The Irish have obviously contributed so much to the city over the centuries.
Liverpool is, in my experience, the most Irish city in the world outside of Ireland. As an Irishman, I have never really felt that I was in England when visiting Liverpool. That's no slight on England - just an observation on how "at home" I felt. To be fair, that would not be hard. I was there in 2006 the day England played Portugal in the World Cup quarter-final. Walking through a quiet part of the city, somebody approached me and asked me if I knew the score. I said it was "0-0" and that Rooney had been sent off. His response was utter delight. I must admit, I chuckled too. Just like being in Limerick...

The leaving of Goodison is getting closer and closer.

Rather than try and shoehorn everything into the new stadium to recreate Goodison, what part of Everton would you happily leave behind to die?

Mine? (apologies to this websites founders)

Grand Old Team.

It's painfully dated.
The players.
The board.
Half of the fans around me in the Park End.
The policeman who stares into my soul for 90 minutes.