New Everton Stadium Discussion

Funnily enough, seeing that update about the concrete in the west stand, I was told this week, by someone who knows someone on-site (I know, I know, could be rubbish); that there’d been a problem with the concrete setting in places, which had put the build back to the scale of a month or 2.

However that delay was built into their overall position on potential slippage due to unforeseen site problems, so wouldn’t affect the final completion date I.e plenty of other stuff to get on with in the meantime.

Could be BS of course, but those pictures from the design docs showing the week 50 position did seem to have it further along than we are at this point (not far off 50 weeks now I think), so could be some truth in it.

So Irish Sea sand under the foundations and the concrete terrace sections also made in Offaly. Did not know that, cool!
I guess we must be maxing out at least one concrete supplier, at least some of the concrete steps are coming from Suffolk.

Must be a hell of a logistical task to organise all these suppliers and synchronise manufacture and delivery in the order we need them for the optimal construction pace.

(That wasn't my picture, but it was somewhere round there that I sat - amazing view, and the ticket was a walk-up, $9 as I recall).

Dortmund is the one for me, the Yellow Wall is totally the template for what a home end should be:

View attachment 171162

Incidentally, I don't see anyone complaining about the big window at the back of this stand - unlike the stadium atmosphere experts in this thread:

View attachment 171159

Managed to get 30 of us (stag do) into the yellow wall in 2007, I think not long after it went to season tickets only - it was 11 euro a ticket so about 7 pound and a great experience for 95% of the time - the 5% was when they sang that song from over the park.....

The best thing was the stackable beer plastic glasses, you were allowed to drink on the terrace and you could easily bring back 8 pints in one go

Apparently analfield can't be used for uefa finals because the length of their pitch falls a few yards short of the uefa/fifa minimum requirements. Does that mean that because our pitch will be no bigger than a basketball court that we can't lure the zenith data systems final to the dock?

It cant be that height, surely?

That's underwhelming if it is.

That doesn't exactly blow you away like does it?

Thank God for the Mersey-side coverage the stadium will be getting.

Somebody copy pastes a render into a photo of the outer wall for a laugh and he still finds something to gripe about.

Well of course you would.

How tall is that stand, by the way?
I know that the stand is much taller than the pump house. But the pump house is foregrounded there.

My original point was that the dock wall prevents the stadium from being seen and appreciated.

I'm convinced that wall will come down, if not before the opening then soon after. You cant have access / egress to a stadium of that capacity via 5 gates.

I know that the stand is much taller than the pump house. But the pump house is foregrounded there.

My original point was that the dock wall prevents the stadium from being seen and appreciated.

I'm convinced that wall will come down, if not before the opening then soon after. You cant have access / egress to a stadium of that capacity via 5 gates.
I thought it wasn't a a dock anymore :coffee:

God bless.