New Everton Stadium Discussion

Might just need to fly a bit higher…

Seriously, are expecting the new Bond to land on the pitch, shoot someone and then fly off only to be killed in a turbine collision?

Only in your world
"Disappointing news from Merseyside today. Evertons team were expecting to parachute into the new stadium for the first ever match but were diverted after it was found one of the adjacent wind turbines was spinning at a dangerous 3mph"

211078104.jpg.gallery.jpg

Dave’s had to go from “this stadium is never happening in a million years” to “well that turbine looks a bit dangerous”. Just sublime.
More from an aesthtic p.o.v. tbh.

The loss of height from this stadium to placate opponents of it means that anything that high and that near is an unwelcome comparison that underlines the club's lack of ambition on capacity.

More from an aesthtic p.o.v. tbh.

The loss of height from this stadium to placate opponents of it means that anything that high and that near is an unwelcome comparison that underlines the club's lack of ambition on capacity.

I think building a ground on a dock, after filling it in, with a wonderful design and location shows plenty of ambition. Might be misplaced, granted, but that ground is not unambitious.

I'm absolutely sure this was never considered in any risk assesment

Just shows the incompetence that this massive problem wasn't thought of during the preliminary location checks. I don't know about you but it's definitely not a good day when leaving the stadium after yet another defeat and you get sliced in half by a wayward wind turbine prop as it cartwheels down regent road. :hayee:

I think building a ground on a dock, after filling it in, with a wonderful design and location shows plenty of ambition. Might be misplaced, granted, but that ground is not unambitious.

It is. However the design and lack of capacity are issues for many people still.

You know what I mean. The progress of a construction project cant be judged by spend alone and, a construction project is much more than just the site work itself. A £500m project thats spent £100, isn't simply 1/5 of the way though.

Then what is it? It's certainly not half way through as was suggested. When the money dries up the contractors and suppliers stop.