New Everton Stadium Discussion

Awesome, midweek drone update.

Presumably Everton are okay with this (or at least have no grounds to complain about it) as the drone doesn’t seem to breach the site?

I don’t know much about drone no fly zones. Is there an exclusion zone around the site, or is it literally the site boundary?
I'm clueless on this but our man @Noggsy blue would surely know. Wouldn't mind his thoughts on midweek flyers in general too under the new rules.

I'm clueless on this but our man @Noggsy blue would surely know. Wouldn't mind his thoughts on midweek flyers in general too under the new rules.
I may be wrong, but provided drone flyers don't break the law the club don't actually have any legal right to ban drone flights over the site. (I think only the CAA can set up no fly zones outside the permanent ones)

I think Noggsy, Mister Drone Etc are simply complying with a request on safety grounds.

Love this from Portsmouth, and the Leitch feature

b25lY21zOjVkZjMxYzk3LTliNDMtNGM1OS1hODYyLTVlZWE4ZGIxODhhYjo0YTRjYjE5MS04MDg5LTQ3YjUtYWJjZi0zMW...jpg

Little piece of the Bullens right there.

In some countries they prefer the front rows to be slightly elevated. It slightly improves pitch security plus ensures that no-one has a worm eye view or having to look around officials etc. If those stands were continued down to ground level, it would roughly half the perimeter width and add approx 4000+ to the capacity. I agree it probably wouldn't be too dissimilar in scale to BMD.
Going off at a tangent on the subject of retaining the intimidating GP atmosphere, I'm surprised to see the front rows in the BMD home end now to become disabled fans' sections. Looks like this removes maybe 4 or 5 rows and has also meant the loss of seating in needing to create easy access from behind the sections. Possible net loss of around 500 seats? Or have the sections been relocated, with no resultant reduction in stadium capacity? If the latter I can't see how the change would constitute better quality viewing for those affected. The original designs (and indeed the recent improvements in provision at GP in the Goodison Rd and Park End) had moved away from accommodating disabled fans at ground level.

Going off at a tangent on the subject of retaining the intimidating GP atmosphere, I'm surprised to see the front rows in the BMD home end now to become disabled fans' sections. Looks like this removes maybe 4 or 5 rows and has also meant the loss of seating in needing to create easy access from behind the sections. Possible net loss of around 500 seats? Or have the sections been relocated, with no resultant reduction in stadium capacity? If the latter I can't see how the change would constitute better quality viewing for those affected. The original designs (and indeed the recent improvements in provision at GP in the Goodison Rd and Park End) had moved away from accommodating disabled fans at ground level.
I know the intent was to elevate the accessible section, as shown (still) in the People’s Project app.

22F4C23E-C2EF-4535-BA98-DC851177048C.jpeg

I have some vague memory of hearing that had changed.

Do you have a link to the new plan?

We surely have to preserve the lattice work from Goodison when we go. It almost doesn't matter what we do with it in the short term, just don't sell it as scrap metal. Keep hold of it somewhere, decide what to do with it after.
Make different sized Bolt Cutters with it, because you never know.

I know the intent was to elevate the accessible section, as shown (still) in the People’s Project app.

View attachment 170163

I have some vague memory of hearing that had changed.

Do you have a link to the new plan?
I've answered my own question - for anyone that's interested, this is the bowl plan from late 2020 (I believe the most current?):

11. BMD01-PAT-4A-ZZ-DR-A-281001_TopofBowl.pdf

It looks like those high accessible section are still there, or similar.

There are also accessible sections at the front of both the north and south stands, on either side of the goal - as well as at the front of the east and (less so) west stands - and halfway up those stands, too.

So lots of choice for disabled supporters now, which is great. No longer an afterthought.

Depends where you look, what you read
£500M for Moshiri
£4/500M to finish BMD
£think of a number for new players
Thats north of a Billion right there

Lets hear it for Leveraged Debt !

Give me an 'EL!'
Give me an 'Ee!'

That is what they will do and it will screw us. I have no faith in a take over by a syndicate of yanks clubbing together.

As much as I like the new stadium, I wish they would have incorporated the Leitch patterns in the new stadium. I know it isn’t unique to us, but it really does scream Everton. It can always be added in the future. I hope it is.

As much as I like the new stadium, I wish they would have incorporated the Leitch patterns in the new stadium. I know it isn’t unique to us, but it really does scream Everton. It can always be added in the future. I hope it is.

Didnt Meis say he had incorporated some Leitch stuff into the design?

That said, if he did, it was years ago!