New Everton Stadium Discussion

I thought Valencia gambled on CL participation and increased TV deal for finance that never materialised and were caught with their pants down - then struggled to get finance, through the banking/financial system.
The larger point being that something 'nailed on' is less than that in reality.

If anyone can say the stadium finances are sorted right now and are unaffected by this sanctioning of Usmanov and Moshiri's obvious connection to him Ild be relieved.

We really should be hearing something from the club on this. They know Evertonians everywhere are at their wits end over it.

The larger point being that something 'nailed on' is less than that in reality.

If anyone can say the stadium finances are sorted right now and are unaffected by this sanctioning of Usmanov and Moshiri's obvious connection to him Ild be relkeived.

We really should be hearing something from the club on this. They know Evertonians everywhere are at their wits end over it.
The can lad on site said “ it’s all gone tits up”

It IS literally 0.1% done in building work and finance.

Just because you keep saying this, doesn't make it true.

It LITERALLY isn't true. We're ahead of schedule by all accounts, and we're about 5 months into a 3 year build. Do the maths and work out that percentage before you start using words like literally.

Also, £150 million has been fronted by Moshiri for work on the site that is well underway. If you think that's just 0.1% of the finance sorted, then I'm lost for words.

At some point, yes.

But to be fair, there is chaos ensuing and they likely either don't know themselves how this is going to affect things moving forward or it's simply just too soon to say.

EFC aren't the best at communicating but, let's not berate them for berating them sake.

Evertonians are at their wits end about everything and everything - appeasing us nutters isn't a priority right now - though it would be nice.

There must be viable concerns about financing in the context of the sanctions, and Usmanov acting as a guarantor of loans, but what makes Evertons position so unique that we cannot/could not secure private financing if it is presumably going to be repaid over a period of decades?

I expect net costs will exceed the £500m quoted, but Moshiri had committed £100m IIRC, and presumably that was locked-in already for the project to get this far. Even if not, and I'm not discounting its a significant sum of money, £500m, is roughly a whole teams worth of our record signing, a certain Icelandic international.

Is this not just a mortgage but for a football club?

For me the problem was always to secure a decent site and get planning permission and those hurdles have been overcome. What makes Everton different to a club like Sunderland for example in a difficulty attracting a funding partner or partners, for a period of 30-40 years? Virtually every club in the top tiers in the UK and Europe has either had a new stadium or stadium overhaul in the last 30 years. Even the Italian clubs are now getting around to upgrades and stadium moves, I accept there is a large degree of municipality support there.

I'd accept things like the potential for relegation and more significantly, the prospect of a European Super League could be likely to detract from funding, but I'd imagine all those scenarios have already been worked through in detail.

If private funding is already in place, then would any lender have been foolhardy enough to completely overlook, the possibility that funding guaranteed through a Kremlin oligarch (if that is indeed the case) might not be the best horse to back, or has the situation in Ukraine come as a total and complete shock to that part of the corporate world whose job it is to be conservative and risk-aware? Perhaps it actually has but if it was that badly thought through, then we really are in trouble and the development is no better than a house of cards then.

And even then, why can't / couldn't we attract funding over a 30-40 year period based on our 144 year existence and record tenure in the top-flight? Even if on terms more onerous than might have been available to say, Spurs? And with local government support? And potentially that of a new owner and board, should Moshiri need to sell? It's not like we have to pay it all back in 12 months.

Just playing devils advocate.
No offense but do we really know that Usmanov is the guarantor? I have not seen anything saying that.

At some point, yes.

But to be fair, there is chaos ensuing and they likely either don't know themselves how this is going to affect things moving forward or it's simply just too soon to say.

EFC aren't the best at communicating but, let's not berate them for berating them sake.

Evertonians are at their wits end about everything and everything - appeasing us nutters isn't a priority right now - though it would be nice.
Fair point. I think they're fighting for their lives behind the scenes over Moshiri now. Trying to get the carpetbagger out from underneath the wheels of the truck that just mowed Usmanov down.

I've lost count of the number of people who've told me this is dead now. People I wouldn't necessarily describe as excitable types.

Unless there's a mad billionaire investor out there willing to buy a debt ridden club and fund a stadium build while keeping their fingers crossed the club doesn't get relegated in the next few seasons, then - IMO - this is done for.

It's not like you to be so negative Dave. Cheer up. :hayee: