New Everton Stadium Discussion

Have you told them the top balc has escalators? Also - if you're struggling or not mobile, the club has spaces for fans who are not disabled, but need easy access (front row of the park end though).

All new stadiums will be incredible accessible so I can imagine there will at least be lifts.
The one and only time I went in the TB the escalator wasn't working ( not that I need it ...........yet ) :D

Another piece to the jigsaw , I reckon we’ll be seeing a lot more of these developments in the not to distant future , the stadium is the catalyst , it will be fantastic , bars restaurants etc etc a true 24/7 place .

Another piece to the jigsaw , I reckon we’ll be seeing a lot more of these developments in the not to distant future , the stadium is the catalyst , it will be fantastic , bars restaurants etc etc a true 24/7 place .

Even less space for the kite flyers now ?

As a side topic, two of my older relatives have said they will not ‘move’ to the new ground and the last game at Goodison will be their last.
Has anyone else heard that said?
That's sad.
I hope they have a change of heart.

I can understand the attachment to the Old Lady, been going close to 50yrs myself and a bit of me will die inside when she goes, but us blues need a new home, and the one we're getting is going to be stunning, lighting up one of the most iconic skylines anywhere in the world.
I do hope they change their minds.

UTFT

Interesting point, I’ve seen specific access points for registered disabled, but there must be some consideration for those who are a little frail or unsteady on their feet.
As a side topic, two of my older relatives have said they will not ‘move’ to the new ground and the last game at Goodison will be their last.
Has anyone else heard that said?
Not heard anyone say that specifically but is it sentimental reasons or access difficulties ? BMD won't be quite as ' handy ' as Goodison where you can get dropped off by car almost anywhere round the ground .

Not heard anyone say that specifically but is it sentimental reasons or access difficulties ? BMD won't be quite as ' handy ' as Goodison where you can get dropped off by car almost anywhere round the ground .
I dont know how ANY Evertonian cannot be excited by this.
Just the thought of walking up to it has the hairs on my neck bristling, as it does every time I wind my way through the streets to GP.

Watching it come together bit by bit has been great so far and is only gonna get better

How are they getting that crane out the stadium?

They can lift it out using another crane or it will be disassembled and be trucked out that way.

Anyone seen any mention of lifts or escalators in the new gaff ? I ask because a woman who used to sit near me in the MS can't manage the stairs anymore but hasn't given up her ST in the hope she might improve. Also I regularly help a chap down the stairs after the game by carrying his crutches while he grips the handrail. There must be quite a few people like this who need a bit of help but are not wheelchair bound.

As per the park end/main stand changes there will be a lot more accessible seats higher up in the new stadium. Lifts abound.

I dont know how ANY Evertonian cannot be excited by this.
Just the thought of walking up to it has the hairs on my neck bristling, as it does every time I wind my way through the streets to GP.

Watching it come together bit by bit has been great so far and is only gonna get better
I agree, I think a mixture of sentiment plus not buying into the Mosh era I think.
They’ll probably come round eventually especially if the access is better and dare say the facilities too.

Agree, and it will only increase the value of the whole area and justify a hefty stadium sponsorship deal as more businesses want to be in on it all.

Why are LCC not jumping in and supporting the project cannot understand their hesitancy.