New Everton Stadium Discussion

I couldn’t give a flying one about a new ground.

I’d prefer to stay at Goodison regardless, although that is subjective and I can see the case for moving.

I’d much rather have a team which competes and fights for each other. Football, the game we all love (or loved!) is about what happens on the pitch, it’s not about some shiny new seats and fancy toilet facilities. That doesn’t excite me.

The club seem to just want to tread water until the stadium is built. That’s not for me I’m afraid.

I couldn’t give a flying one about a new ground.

I’d prefer to stay at Goodison regardless, although that is subjective and I can see the case for moving.

I’d much rather have a team which competes and fights for each other. Football, the game we all love (or loved!) is about what happens on the pitch, it’s not about some shiny new seats and fancy toilet facilities. That doesn’t excite me.

The club seem to just want to tread water until the stadium is built. That’s not for me I’m afraid.

….they’ve been treading water before the new stadium got underway.

At least this is something positive amongst the gloom, and from all accounts offers us better investment opportunity going forward.

….they’ve been treading water before the new stadium got underway.

At least this is something positive amongst the gloom, and from all accounts offers us better investment opportunity going forward.

I don’t really disagree and as I said I can see the benefits that a new stadium would bring.

But the fear is that if we carry on as we are, we could end up opening the doors to BM as a Championship club. Now that would be a disaster.

It may sound ‘enitled Kopite/Geordie’ or whatever the term is but I’m a bit sick of treading water… I’m 34 and only seen us win the FA Cup. Unlike you old timers?. Honestly I’d take a return to the ‘Moyes days’ of just coming up short right now, at least there was something to get excited about and it felt as though we were close to achieving something.

I don’t really disagree and as I said I can see the benefits that a new stadium would bring.

But the fear is that if we carry on as we are, we could end up opening the doors to BM as a Championship club. Now that would be a disaster.

It may sound ‘enitled Kopite/Geordie’ or whatever the term is but I’m a bit sick of treading water… I’m 34 and only seen us win the FA Cup. Unlike you old timers?. Honestly I’d take a return to the ‘Moyes days’ of just coming up short right now, at least there was something to get excited about and it felt as though we were close to achieving something.

Yea, much worse that playing at Goodison, in the Championship.....

The 2 are mutually exclusive.

We can have a a nice new ground being built, and be good on the pitch, the 2 are NOT linked.

Yea, much worse that playing at Goodison, in the Championship.....

The 2 are mutually exclusive.

We can have a a nice new ground being built, and be good on the pitch, the 2 are NOT linked.

Let’s hope we can do both then and there is money to be spent on improving the team on the pitch in the meantime, and the lack of spending in the summer was purely down to getting in line with FFP.

Let’s hope we can do both then and there is money to be spent on improving the team on the pitch in the meantime, and the lack of spending in the summer was purely down to getting in line with FFP.

Spending on grounds and infastructure does not impact FFP, the money does not get counted.

Moshiri coud spend £1 Billion on the ground right now if he wanted to.

Spending on grounds and infastructure does not impact FFP, the money does not get counted.

Moshiri coud spend £1 Billion on the ground right now if he wanted to.

Fair enough, for what it’s worth I think FFP is a load of bollocks which protects the so called big clubs ( United, Liverpool etc)

I suppose I just want a team that competes and looks like they believe they can win, this being an Evertonian isn’t good for the health at the minute!