New Everton Stadium Discussion

I have been looking at the various drone footage carefully and I have some questions. Has the club acquired more land?

View attachment 146824

If you look closely above at a still frame from the latest presentation video the land east and south of Nelson dock has been paved to match the fan zone. Also, there appears to be another opening in the regent road wall, South of the round tower entrance.

View attachment 146830View attachment 146831

The image above on the left is the eastern edge of Nelson dock at the start of the build. Piled high with, what looks like timber. The picture on the left is the same image shown in the last drone video completely cleared. This seems to correspond with the presentation video Yes/No ?

View attachment 146847

I also think there is a possibility they have acquired the other half of the dock peninsular that separated Bramley Moore with Sandon dock which was originally split down the middle. Looks like it anyway by the way the fencing seems to be progressing.

View attachment 146856View attachment 146859View attachment 146860

With the 3 images above you can clearly see how much extra width has been added to the border line at the northern edge of the site. It originally started in line with the central wide entrance tower on Regent road, but it now extends beyond the outer 3rd tower to the north. Essentially the full width of the green area in the first picture. Looks about 8 to 10 meters to me.

This raises a number of questions.
* If they have more room to play with on the North side, will they alter the design of the stadium?
* If they have acquired the Nelson dock land, what could they use it for?
* Am I spending too much time following this thread, or just going insane........
This explains why Terry Timber is now driving around Liverpool in a new Rolls Royce… lol

I’ve just been past the site. About 15 metres to go from what I saw. Should be done early next week.
Shoalway now moored at South Canada Dock - hopefully just for re-supply/maintenance and/or crew change before the final dredges and completion of the infill. The other connecting thingy Forth Jouster still in situ.

I should certainly hope not my son as it might cause offence.
Mercia is a Latin name and we all know about the Romans involvement in the slave trade.

God bless.
Actually , being pedantic , you are only partially correct , Mercia comes from the Old English ‘Mierce’ which meant ‘Border People’. It was retrospectively Latinised presumably by monks and church trained clerks.

Actually , being pedantic , you are only partially correct , Mercia comes from the Old English ‘Mierce’ which meant ‘Border People’. It was retrospectively Latinised presumably by monks and church trained clerks.
I give way to your superior knowledge my son.
God bless.

Psalm 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever.