New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yep gotta give Wagner credit for a catchy tune
My favourite composer. He wrote everything unlike many, who got someone else to write the libretto (the script).

I have seen the full Ring in Budapest, including of course Die Walküre.

I got to see Lohengrin in Vienna in 2020 but Meistersinger in Berlin was cancelled due to Covid.

Suitably heroic music, although I wish all our squad would live up to it!!

My favourite composer. He wrote everything unlike many, who got someone else to write the libretto (the script).

I got to see Lohengrin in Vienna in 2020 but Meistersinger in Berlin was cancelled due to Covid.

I doff my hat to you for your dedication. I like the 'hits' but couldn't eat a full one.

Yeahhhh beach football!

Can't wait to see Rondon in some budgie smugglers try to walk on sand, never mind run.
Not beach football it will be that stupid beach volleyball,what makes grown men watch that.A load of Brazilian woman in tight knickers knocking a ball over a net,PS iam 71 years old.

I'm guessing at the HSO? We saw Don Giovanni there, amazing experience in a beautiful building.

Seems to be moving along nicely...
99F21189-5BCB-4693-B389-893054A6915D.jpeg

I doff my hat to you for your dedication. I like the 'hits' but couldn't eat a full one.

It is actually a great experience. Two 40 minute and one 80 minute interval, so a nice few relaxed drinks, and a meal during the long interval.

In Dublin for Tristan und Isolde I had a picnic hamper with wine, meats, cheeses etc, and met up with a friend who had similar. Very civilised!!

Mrs BR used to hate opera but now loves the whole experience- live orchestra, magnificent singing with NO microphones.

If you get to Verona, try the Arena. Just brilliant on a balmy summer evening!

It is actually a great experience. Two 40 minute and one 80 minute interval, so a nice few relaxed drinks, and a meal during the long interval.

In Dublin for Tristan und Isolde I had a picnic hamper with wine, meats, cheeses etc, and met up with a friend who had similar. Very civilised!!

Mrs BR used to hate opera but now loves the whole experience- live orchestra, magnificent singing with NO microphones.

Oh, I appreciate the talent but neither have ear nor attention span to appreciate it. No doubt it's an acquired taste but I haven't the self-discipline to acquire it, unfortunately.

I'm guessing at the HSO? We saw Don Giovanni there, amazing experience in a beautiful building.

No, in the Müpa a very modern building, but fabulous facilities and acoustics.

The old Opera House looks gorgeous- it was being renovated when we were there.

Never seen Don G, but Zauberflöte a couple of times.

Was booked for Die Enführung in Wexford but again Covid stopped it.

Hoping to get to Berlin in February for Lohengrin....again! But it IS my favourite opera.

Doesn’t hold a candle to The Lisbon.