New Everton Stadium Discussion

Last time we played at Wembley we were coralled outside Wembley Park station for two ten-minute spells before being allowed on the station itself. Seemed to work quite well. I don't know what other method they could use at Sandhills . Even if another station is built they will have the same problem there in the immediate post-match period .
I'm hoping there will be bars etc. at BMD to encourage people to stay after the game .
You're right, however you'd hope that another station would to some extent alleviate the sheer number of people who'll attempt to use one station.

If you're going to north bound, you might be shepherded towards Sandhills whereas those going south may be directed towards the new station and Moorfields.

Although this is all pie in the sky as there's been nothing from Merseyrail or the local authority to suggest that this will be an option.

Last time we played at Wembley we were coralled outside Wembley Park station for two ten-minute spells before being allowed on the station itself. Seemed to work quite well. I don't know what other method they could use at Sandhills . Even if another station is built they will have the same problem there in the immediate post-match period .
I'm hoping there will be bars etc. at BMD to encourage people to stay after the game .
Pretty sure they'll have bars etc open for a good 2 hours after games.

Could things be on the turn?

Womens team manager sacked after a bad start and assembling a good side, employed a recent CL winner in Vassuer.

Then the sacking of Dan Donachie who was Director of Medical.

It will be interesting to see how things progress from here. Moshiri has largely been a disappointment for me, hope fully he will have learned big lessons from previous, good time to hit the reset button, can he turn it around? Only time will tell...

I`m hopeful that once the stadium is complete he will sell up, as it stands. All we ask for is a competitive team on the pitch and well run club off it with competent people in charge at all levels.

Could things be on the turn?

Womens team manager sacked after a bad start and assembling a good side, employed a recent CL winner in Vassuer.

Then the sacking of Dan Donachie who was Director of Medical.

It will be interesting to see how things progress from here. Moshiri has largely been a disappointment for me, hope fully he will have learned big lessons from previous, good time to hit the reset button, can he turn it around? Only time will tell...

I`m hopeful that once the stadium is complete he will sell up, as it stands. All we ask for is a competitive team on the pitch and well run club off it with competent people in charge at all levels.
Doesn’t seem too much to ask, mate!!!!!

I tend to think Aston Villa have the right idea having a CEO like Christian Purslow who has shewdly assembled an efficient football club and good people in the majority of key areas.

Signings seem well thought out, obviously they start from a lower point than us because some of their players came up with them from the championship which sometimes shows.

Bank Hall less so, but I get your point. Sandhills is great for the soccer bus, but post match Kirkdale gets the most number of passengers.
Liverpool Exchange to Kirkdale back in the day.
Quick jog up the 37 steps then straight into the Railway ale house at the top. On the return journey because of loads of fans getting to the pub at the same time, the ale was already pre-pulled. Happy days.

Liverpool Exchange to Kirkdale back in the day.
Quick jog up the 37 steps then straight into the Railway ale house at the top. On the return journey because of loads of fans getting to the pub at the same time, the ale was already pre-pulled. Happy days.
The Lion was the first pub I ever went in the city centre. Directly opposite Exchange Staition. Still a great pub even though run by a kopite.

The Lion was the first pub I ever went in the city centre. Directly opposite Exchange Staition. Still a great pub even though run by a kopite.
Our routine early seventies onwards was train Rock Ferry to James Street then a half in half a dozen pubs on way to Exchange station. Slaughterhouse first then Crocodile in time for Saint and Greavsie. Always one in the station buffet before getting on train to Kirkdale.
Things changed when Moorfields opened though and we changed there then onwards.