New Everton Stadium Discussion

Gents (and Ladies),
I was looking at BMD, central docks and the Loop site, and was in meetings with LCC and owners of those sites when some of you were happy-clapping BK, and enthusiastically voting for Kirkby, slagging off and trying to shutdown KEIOC on various Everton Forums. How did that all go again?

So I'm at least as, if not more invested in BMD as anyone else on this site.

Firstly, I didn't start this sequence of posts. Others continued to reference redevelopment of GP and/or make comparisons with BMD. Why not? After all, the very recent Feyenoord example shows that with a moving financial target, you always have to refer back to the redevelopment benchmark. The problem is, unlike every other club that has ever approached the stay/move conundrum.... we can't! I have merely responded to those people and the subsequent posts. Some of you still appear to adhere to the mythical world of Kirkby and gospel according to BK, Wyness, Elstone etc..... I don't!

Agreed, some responses are too lengthy, but I may have been responding to several posts in one and prefer to back-up my answers with facts, figures and real comparisons....a boring trait I know, but it's not Twitter after all. So, I do apologies to the resident ADHD sufferers.

However, I don't apologise to those who try to shutdown discussion (on a discussion forum?) because some of those facts/figures don't necessarily fit their narrative. Nor to those hiding behind pseudonyms that feel the need to resort to ridicule or personal insults because they have little or no argument. I agree, if the moderators feel that I have ruined or not contributed to the thread, then they should ban me. If not......well, far be it from me to suggest a new dredger/fish-pun thread for our new found marine enthusiasts or dummy spitters? ?

I did laugh at the George Martin sketch tho....
Ignore them mate. Some posters on here would rather spend their time responding endlessly to Davek about how everything is terrible than speak with someone knowledgeable on something that might challenge their opinion. I don’t agree with some of the points you make about redeveloping Goodison but I enjoy hearing the arguments for both positions. I think most people do. I also enjoy hearing about the options that could have been looked at for Goodison while we wait for the dock to be filled in at BMD.

Gents (and Ladies),
I was looking at BMD, central docks and the Loop site, and was in meetings with LCC and owners of those sites when some of you were happy-clapping BK, and enthusiastically voting for Kirkby, slagging off and trying to shutdown KEIOC on various Everton Forums. How did that all go again?

So I'm at least as, if not more invested in BMD as anyone else on this site.

Firstly, I didn't start this sequence of posts. Others continued to reference redevelopment of GP and/or make comparisons with BMD. Why not? After all, the very recent Feyenoord example shows that with a moving financial target, you always have to refer back to the redevelopment benchmark. The problem is, unlike every other club that has ever approached the stay/move conundrum.... we can't! I have merely responded to those people and the subsequent posts. Some of you still appear to adhere to the mythical world of Kirkby and gospel according to BK, Wyness, Elstone etc..... I don't!

Agreed, some responses are too lengthy, but I may have been responding to several posts in one and prefer to back-up my answers with facts, figures and real comparisons....a boring trait I know, but it's not Twitter after all. So, I do apologies to the resident ADHD sufferers.

However, I don't apologise to those who try to shutdown discussion (on a discussion forum?) because some of those facts/figures don't necessarily fit their narrative. Nor to those hiding behind pseudonyms that feel the need to resort to ridicule or personal insults because they have little or no argument. I agree, if the moderators feel that I have ruined or not contributed to the thread, then they should ban me. If not......well, far be it from me to suggest a new dredger/fish-pun thread for our new found marine enthusiasts or dummy spitters? ?

I did laugh at the George Martin sketch tho....

Mate the thing is this is a thread about a new stadium not rehashed pie in the sky dreams about redeveloping Goodison or any other previously discussed sites.

People come on here to get updates and discuss the new build stadium only for it to be drowned out by talking about a redevelopment that will never happen.

If you want to discuss past stadium proposals by all means go ahead but please do it in another thread and keep this one about the BMD stadium actually being built.

Is there a reason to start lobbying the local MPs to push a new rail station development, in this sustainable, levelling up world wouldn’t it be the right thing to do to decrease car and buses accessing the area and giving a rail service like in London? and adding a station closer would help with that? (from a very selfish cba walking down that freezing dock road sort of way…)

Mate the thing is this is a thread about a new stadium not rehashed pie in the sky dreams about redeveloping Goodison or any other previously discussed sites.

People come on here to get updates and discuss the new build stadium only for it to be drowned out by talking about a redevelopment that will never happen.

If you want to discuss past stadium proposals by all means go ahead but please do it in another thread and keep this one about the BMD stadium actually being built.

I repeat..... I simply responded directly to other people who mentioned redevelopment and some others who still reinforce some long-discredited myths about the same.

Btw.... LFC had the same amount of steel in the ground as us, before reversing or stalling their decision. As have Feyenoord now that their costs have gone beyond their budget. Whether you like it or not, that is the relevance of redevelopment as the benchmark to measure against any club's new stadium ambitions.

I repeat..... I simply responded directly to other people who mentioned redevelopment and some others who still reinforce some long-discredited myths about the same.

Btw.... LFC had the same amount of steel in the ground as us, before reversing or stalling their decision. As have Feyenoord now that their costs have gone beyond their budget. Whether you like it or not, that is the relevance of redevelopment as the benchmark to measure against any club's new stadium ambitions.

I find a lot of what you post irrelevant to this new build to be honest as the challenges are completely different.

BTW regarding the redevelopment of Goodison some what you call myths are simply not that, and people trying to argue it’s not always come up with something that’s not feasible.

Anyway as I said this is supposed to be thread about a new stadium not comparing fantasy redevelopments and comparisons with other clubs where circumstances and needs would be completely different.

The thread started long before BMD was on the radar.

Besides, what updates do you want? Piling is ongoing? The Shoalaway has delivered its 2nd load of the day?

There's literally nothing noteworthy to discuss on a daily basis.

At least when Tom makes a comment it's from an informed position, unlike our Chairman who lied for years over available options for the Club.

I just can't see why a separate redevelopment discussion cannot be held in a separate thread, taking his it's all linked theory to a logical conclusion would just mean it's all about Everton so let's just have one Everton thread, personally I think he's all ego and me me me.

Anyway Everton's Bramley Moore site will be up and running soon so I will await that instead instead of having to put up with this tedious tit. (ban me for life I don't care.)

I find a lot of what you post irrelevant to this new build to be honest as the challenges are completely different.

BTW regarding the redevelopment of Goodison some what you call myths are simply not that, and people trying to argue it’s not always come up with something that’s not feasible.

Anyway as I said this is supposed to be thread about a new stadium not comparing fantasy redevelopments and comparisons with other clubs where circumstances and needs would be completely different.

Is the NWHL a redevelopment or a new stadium? Do you think it's a rehash?

In the absence of an official redevelopment study, we can only use those comparisons and stadium design guides for estimating construction costs etc. In the case of Spurs and others there are those studies and drawings readily available for just replacing/enlarging existing stands.

Gillet and Hicks also stated that redevelopment wasn't viable.... one change of owner later due to a credit cruch and wanting to load the debt on the club..... and the unviable became the reality.

How far is Sandhills?
@Sennott Street it's just over 1km on foot (1100ish m). Most people in a non-congested street would do it in 10-15 minutes.

Like mentioned previously, I worry more about how congested the platforms will be when you consider that now numbers are spread between it and Kirkdale.

With more people expected to jump the train as well, we can only hope that something is done.

Yep it's really off putting seeing people deliberately slagging off BMD and going on and on about what we should have done and how the whole world would be doing a better job than we are......kopites im sure
"deliberately slagging off BMD" -- do you mean "questioning certain matters relating to BMD"?