New Everton Stadium Discussion

The reason that they won't build a station in Vauxhall for us is that it is not part of their future plans and would be pretty much completely wasted by time their plans come to fruition. Nothing to do with wanting a freebie, or chancing their hand, it's more a case of 'if you want one, build one, but its a complete waste of time and money'.

I'd estimate the distance from Moorfields to Sandhills is about 1.5 miles, maybe a little bit more. It's a fair lick and I'm sure a station at some midpoint would be more than useful for a whole number of reasons. Why do you say it is would be a waste of time and money?

Bramley Moore with obligatory restricted view

Attachments

• 20211111_120339.jpg
    20211111_120339.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
I'd estimate the distance from Moorfields to Sandhills is about 1.5 miles, maybe a little bit more. It's a fair lick and I'm sure a station at some midpoint would be more than useful for a whole number of reasons. Why do you say it is would be a waste of time and money?

Because there are other plans, that are much further reaching which would provide a station, and more to the area.

A station at Vauxhall was passed through the new station assessment tool, and performed well, but that doesn't create a business case for it, it just says one would help with people traffic in the long term. As far as I am aware The station assessment takes each station in isolation against existing stations, not considering other potential sites.

You may think this is coincidental.
Not much ever is

Yes and it would have looked *sihte* and we would then have decided to move in any case. We are moving. It will be great and I can't wait.
Would it have looked sh*** though? The worst thing (of many) with the Main Stand is the number of obstructions. There's not much that could be done with the supports for the upper balcony but modern building materials and methods would have meant a roof replacement that didn't involve needing the middle two supporting pillars. The Main Stand was a mess from the outset - remember it was designed to be cantilever.
By the way, I'm not saying I'm against the move, but it is the case that financing it is going to seriously curtail our spend on players.

Because there are other plans, that are much further reaching which would provide a station, and more to the area.

A station at Vauxhall was passed through the new station assessment tool, and performed well, but that doesn't create a business case for it, it just says one would help with people traffic in the long term. As far as I am aware The station assessment takes each station in isolation against existing stations, not considering other potential sites.

You may think this is coincidental.
Not much ever is

I wouldn't hold my breath regarding any grandiose schemes for railways. A station at Stanley Dock is an easy win, is about half way between existing stations and would be handy for the Ten Streets and would take some of the strain off Sandhills on a match day. I think there is a cast iron case for it.

As for economic modelling for public transport in the UK, there has been a suggestion that it is massively skewed in favour of London (no surprise there) and there is likely to be a huge change in this field to benefit provincial cities.

I'll say one one thing and that's that I haven't seen I picture of a redeveloped Goodison that isn't utter crap. Bramley Moore is a thing of beauty and possibly given time even iconic. I don't care about funding it's not our problem. BM will make more cash and most importantly attract better players.
Stop droning on and on about redevelopment just thank the lord it's not happening.

I'll say one one thing and that's that I haven't seen I picture of a redeveloped Goodison that isn't utter crap. Bramley Moore is a thing of beauty and possibly given time even iconic. I don't care about funding it's not our problem. BM will make more cash and most importantly attract better players.
Stop droning on and on about redevelopment just thank the lord it's not happening.

How many pictures have you seen of a redeveloped GP by a stadium design company from the last 10yrs?

Whose problem do you think funding is if not the club's?

So bored of the GP redevelopment waffle.
It ain't happening.
Put it to bed and focus on what we are doing rather than would of, could of, should of.

Absolute yawnfest
We should start a new club like all them ex Manc players have and take Goodison back for ourselves! The heart and soul of our club has been ripped out since Moshy came in. This is how we get our great club back!

Who here is standing with me?