New Everton Stadium Discussion

I figure something went wrong/someone dropped the ball which is why they've had to go back cap in hand?

I see it as Kenwright couldn't put on his massive production without the lead architect being involved. :)

Honestly they probably felt a bit bad to how the relationship turned sour and enough time had passed for Meis to calm down to accept a role that I believe he was offered at the time but was too angry to take up. We then don't seem like the bad guys and Meis gets to be at the front showcasing his work which will help him attract the next client. Win/Win.

I think the plan was to move the pitch towards the Park End and create more space for a new Gwladys but no idea how far that scheme went. I think this is why the Main Stand is strangely off-centre compared to the pitch.
That's interesting. You'll remember the debate about redeveloping Goodison and the argument was that the footprint wasn't big
enough to justify it, but I think it could've been done if they'd used some of the carpark.

He still doesn’t get it…..

I know, it's their not thier

This is what happens when you let wools post on the forum.

Howling at this lol

On topic please

When I was a young teenager growing up in Kirkdale we always had run ins with the Nogga dogs and the Strand boys. Check your facts before you go running to the internet police you limp wristed liberal melt.
You too

and insults….really? It is impossible to moderate a forum this size without out good-faith members helping out

That's interesting. You'll remember the debate about redeveloping Goodison and the argument was that the footprint wasn't big
enough to justify it, but I think it could've been done if they'd used some of the carpark.

I think they did indeed set back the Park End stand so the pitch could be moved towards it therefore allowing a possible new GS end to also grow/move accordingly. However you still have the issue with Goodison Road cutting into the main stand and the BR stand also not having room to grow without land acquisition first. In other words it would still be difficult and take a fairly long time to sort.

Had Goodison Road just continued straight down from the widest point instead of at an angle then in all likelihood we would have stayed put.

When I was a young teenager growing up in Kirkdale we always had run ins with the Nogga dogs and the Strand boys. Check your facts before you go running to the internet police you limp wristed liberal melt.
Blain approves this slur

8A12AC4A-E5F8-43E0-96A9-303203AA7039.jpeg