New Everton Stadium Discussion

Haven't been there for a long time. A good thing was that it was always toasty at the back even on the coldest winter days.
It still is. Where I sit under cove, it's protected from all the rain and a lot of the win and can be quite toasty to the point you take your coat off even in the cold.

I have a mate who sits about ten rows in front of me and it's nowhere near as warm and the wind can blow the rain in.

One thing I find puzzling is that they haven't isolated the channel at the dock entrance, so they must be intending to excavate it again once the whole dock has been filled. Seems a bit wasteful to me, does anyone know why they are doing it this way? I don't have the will to plough through all of the technical docs.

If you look at the finshed product there is still a small channel of the dock still open adjacent to the plaza/steps
Screenshot_20211030-113601_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I'm assuming that's the reason for that

If you look at the finshed product there is still a small channel of the dock still open adjacent to the plaza/steps
View attachment 144283
So I'm assuming that's the reason for that
That's what I was wondering about, as it hasn't been isolated as yet. Do they fill to a certain level and then sink some barriers or fill the whole thing and then cut out the channel again?

That's what I was wondering about, as it hasn't been isolated as yet. Do they fill to a certain level and then sink some barriers or fill the whole thing and then cut out the channel again?
Think it'll probably be pre-formed concrete blocks dropped in at some point, I'm 100% guessing like, then drain the end bit and refill it with kopite tears.

One thing I find puzzling is that they haven't isolated the channel at the dock entrance, so they must be intending to excavate it again once the whole dock has been filled. Seems a bit wasteful to me, does anyone know why they are doing it this way? I don't have the will to plough through all of the technical docs.

They will fill the whole dock to the same level. The very last step in the building process will be to excavate that channel by a couple of meters.

There is a diagram showing this.

They will fill the whole dock to the same level. The very last step in the building process will be to excavate that channel by a couple of meters.

There is a diagram showing this.
Thanks for that. I thought that the idea was to maintain connectivity between the docks on either side, so I assumed that some boat traffic would still be allowed, or is it just for aesthetic reasons?

Thanks for that. I thought that the idea was to maintain connectivity between the docks on either side, so I assumed that some boat traffic would still be allowed, or is it just for aesthetic reasons?

As it's blocked off at either end I guess it will essentially be a pond, but the report did say they were adding some decorative elements. So possibly fountains or fish or whatever.

Just an observation lads but from the drone videos I’ve noticed the existing boundary has moved north allowing us use of both the turret entrances.

Red line is the original site boundary.
Blue line is boundary now.

594F495E-42EA-4623-996B-A9F87CF80093.jpeg