New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's also about future proofing for safe standing (see the post I wrote before the one about wheelchair spaces).

It looks like your south stand does have a super-riser ...

And that'll be so the first rows of seated fans in the upper half of the stand can see over the standing fans in the lower half.

Meis' earlier drawings re: safe standing at the stadium also showed this (although, to a more extreme extent) ....

bmd-2018-concept-safe-standing.jpg
So which of these 3 is being worked to currently?

Including our own. The overwhelming majority of the country's workforce (including children) up to the 20th century were basically treated as slaves. Just as reasonable then to be considering changing names of roads, buildings etc where the person concerned was a factory owner, a pit owner, a rich landowner etc who mistreated and abused those they employed.
who cares , its history, if you dont have history you cannot change the future, we should be looking forwards

From what I make of it, there aren't to be any wheelchair spaces on the upper sections of the North or South Stands, and so no need for super risers in these goal stands. When the plans got revised wheelchair sections were introduced for the first rows of these stands. Not sure why given pitch level views are hardly the best, and given that this meant having to have additional entry/exit points.
This is one of the things about the last renderings we saw that didn't sit right with me. I understand the access requirements etc but a brand new stadium should at the very least provide enough sheltered, decent viewing areas for wheelchair users. I hope they re-visit this and work with ESCDA.

From what I make of it, there aren't to be any wheelchair spaces on the upper sections of the North or South Stands, and so no need for super risers in these goal stands. When the plans got revised wheelchair sections were introduced for the first rows of these stands. Not sure why given pitch level views are hardly the best, and given that this meant having to have additional entry/exit points.

TBF, this was something that surprised me as well, given the amount of work that was done at Goodison, to not only increase provision of accessible areas, but to increase the quality of the view and choice.

It's also about future proofing for safe standing (see the post I wrote before the one about wheelchair spaces).

It looks like your south stand does have a super-riser ...

And that'll be so the first rows of seated fans in the upper half of the stand can see over the standing fans in the lower half.

Meis' earlier drawings re: safe standing at the stadium also showed this (although, to a more extreme extent) ....

bmd-2018-concept-safe-standing.jpg

This is also a good image to show the approach on increasing capacity with doubling up rows for standing. Notice the 350mm standing rows on the lower portion as opposed to 700mm standing rows on the upper. Both 'tiers' will be 700mm when seated.

This is one of the things about the last renderings we saw that didn't sit right with me. I understand the access requirements etc but a brand new stadium should at the very least provide enough sheltered, decent viewing areas for wheelchair users. I hope they re-visit this and work with ESCDA.

I think there will mid level wheelchair areas in the corner section of the home end.... and several others elsewhere.

80 years ago Germany was using slaves to build their roads, airports and vehicles. I wonder how many people still buy VW and Mercedes cars and forget this unfortunate issue.

lewis Hamilton certainly does and he sits there on his high horse ? dodging taxes and complaining about White privilege and slavery while being the face of Hugo boss .

Had a little wander up to the Bramley Moore boozer and one of the wall openings is now almost complete and all the warehouses are down
I'm gunna head up there for a pint or two in the near future just to have a nose. (I'm sure i won't be the only one!)
That pub will see benefit from all this before the Stadium is even up and running.