New Everton Stadium Discussion

Thread Title:

The New Everton Stadium Discussion.

Having gone back quite a few pages, the only reason Tom revisited the redevopment topic was because once again, people were saying it was impossible.

Like it or not, it IS possible. He has every right to point out where people are wrong.

The reason it wasn't seriously considered was because our glorious leader, the greatest Evertonian who has ever walked the earth is a complete charlatan who was backed into a corner by his big business mates.

As always, it comes down to money.

Completely redevelop Goodison or build a new stadium on a derelict Dock?

Personally, I'm glad we have gone for the dock. It will undoubtedly cost more but the owner and his mate clearly see a far greater return from Bramley Moore, and probably several other developments in the area.

The posters moaning about one man debating his position on a discussion forum related to the topic are just ill-informed dullards and frankly not worth engaging with. They bring absolutely nothing constructive to the discussion, even when invited to present evidence backing their claims that Tom is wrong.

I don't know him, (Tom) though I appreciate the work he and others have done over more than two decades with the betterment of the club as their motive.

Again, I'm glad we are seeing progress at BM, it might finally allow me to get over my Kings Dock fume.

Blatant untruths?

There is no stadium; there's preparation work. There has been an unexploded shell retrieved from the BMD site. Where am I lying?

Orders "firmly placed" for steel. Ok.
Prices for steel, transport, oil and electricity are all skyrocketing. Let's hope it doesnt affect BMD orders... But I fear for it.

You really are the Goebbals of GOT.
Your ability to present blatant untruths as indisputable facts is pure artistry.
I could well believe your actual job is a PR advisor to messrsTrump and Johnson so accomplished is your grasp of misinformation.
Yet ,currently, BMD is awash with site managers, civil engineers and expensive plant preparing the ground and cutting new entrances in historic Dock walls.
Water is being pumped from the Dock 24/7.
Orders have been firmly placed for steelworks which will now be under production.
Mr. Usmanov has publicly stated his willingness to support his close friend at Everton , effectively underwriting the entire project.
I’ve been in construction long enough to know when a project is going to get to completion and this already ongoing project ,sir , is going to complete , rest assured.

Water is not being pumped from Bramley Moore dock.

Prices for steel, transport, oil and electricity are all skyrocketing. Let's hope it doesnt affect BMD orders... But I fear for it.

I think this has been one of the reasons for some of the delays. Hopefully it is a floating price contract, because as you say the steel price has been through the roof and will greatly affect costs at that rate, with one rumour suggesting a £200m hike. Projections are that steel prices will come down as production increases and that initial demand boom has levelled, so hopefully suppliers will commit to large orders at a better rate.

Was slightly surprised to see it's been awarded directly to a UK company, not Usmanov's as many had suggested was a major part of the deal. Although he may yet be connected somewhere in the supply chain.

Anyone fancy starting a Bramley Moore build it and they will come thread. Just nowt but bricks going up drone flights cheese wine and positive waves.

Its been weird in here today.

For some clarity re Off Topic etc, generally, we treat threads like a nice conversation in a pub. So, a few of you are having a pint, chewing the fat, stadium wise. Some lad says he thinks redoing Goodison was never really considered, even though in his professional (I assume) opinion, it was doable, back in the day.

That, in my opinion, is a natural extension to a pub chat. Telling him he should go to the snug and talk to himself, isnt.
That's a lie, unless suddenly you've changed your tune. I've fell victim to your 'off topic' polices a while back and ended up banned 'for high maintenance'.
Funny it was discussions with the the esk about Moshiri in a Usmanov thread.
But by asking for clarity of claims / replying to people I got banned.

Yet somehow this thread can be mansplained over with Goodison redevelopment plans - nothing said. I ain't personally bothered, but no real consistency on your part, I'm guessing because it's not a personal friend being questioned it's fair game to continue.

Anyhow, if / when we do move without don't any level of current success, we'll be mutton dressed as lamb. A new stadium won't make us successful, and it won't suddenly be the missing piece whereby our fortunes change, we need to make some positive inroads now.

That said, its the one and only positive we've to look forward to, not linger to a bygone idea of developing Goodison