New Everton Stadium Discussion

….I have a book in the house, I haven’t looked at it in a while but I recall reading all the same concerns about financing etc were voiced when Goodison was being built and when new stands were requisitioned.

I must dig it out when I get home, it’s amazing really. 100 years ago I’m sure @Tom Hughes would find it fascinating but it all turns out fine in the end.

What blowing it up on the beach all about?

Wonder what else they'll find
I dread to think what they'll find down there. Was talking in the pub about it weeks ago and some fella on the next table went "Our kid, not seen him since 88" then burst out laughing..... Killed the vibe a bit. He was drinking vodka lime & soda so I reckon thats why his brother got off.

I dread to think what they'll find down there. Was talking in the pub about it weeks ago and some fella on the next table went "Our kid, not seen him since 88" then burst out laughing..... Killed the vibe a bit. He was drinking vodka lime & soda so I reckon thats why his kid got off.
Hahaha.

Knowing us they'll find a load of skeletons and it'll be a crime scene that can't be touched for years.

….I have a book in the house, I haven’t looked at it in a while but I recall reading all the same concerns about financing etc were voiced when Goodison was being built and when new stands were requisitioned.

I must dig it out when I get home, it’s amazing really. 100 years ago I’m sure @Tom Hughes would find it fascinating but it all turns out fine in the end.
except this time we are junking the place we've played at since 1892 to move to a new build in a near billion pound project overseen by a complete muppet.

Why would I start another thread when I'm responding directly to points made on this one. How can pertinent points and issues relating to BMD and its success ruin a thread about BMD? That makes no sense!! Is it a happy clapper thread or a discerning Evertonian discussion thread?

It's a New Everton Stadium thread not a Tom Hughes unwanted carbuncle thread or a Tom Hughes me and my ego thread or most pertinantly a redevelop Goodison thread. Why do you persist you are the most tedious person, other threads have been opened for you to ramble on misty eyed about redeveloping Goodison where people can listen to you or choose to engage in a chat why don't you use them.

It's a New Everton Stadium thread not a Tom Hughes unwanted carbuncle thread or a Tom Hughes me and my ego thread or most pertinantly a redevelop Goodison thread. Why do you persist you are the most tedious person, other threads have been opened for you to ramble on misty eyed about redeveloping Goodison where people can listen to you or choose to engage in a chat why don't you use them.
He's having a feasibility study done on the benefits of each thread and the costing analysis for said threads to progress into the future.

This thread, once one of the only places of light in the depths of the E-Sector, has become a hot-bed of antagonism for a multitude of reasons.

To be fair, I do think it is to an extent pertinent to discuss other possibilities in this thread, including previous designs, but for me there's a way of going about it.

I respect the designs, enthusiasm, knowledge and passion that some people have for their views, yet perhaps they've become blinkered by their own desires.