New Everton Stadium Discussion

Can you point me to all of these studies? Where are the drawings and images from stadium architects that showed what could be achieved, or the report that it was unfeasible? What companies undertook them?

There has never been a serious study of GP redevelopment by the club since John Moores commissioned an all seater stadium study in the early 80s. I have all the drawings.

At the time of Destination Kirkby, KSS did an after-thought study just in time for the ballot to pretend they'd considered it, (after already committing to Kirkby). This was proven by the fact that they mistakenly used my drawings. The basis for Kirkby was the club wanted a stadium for nothing.... paid for by someone else at.the behest of silent partners who wanted to ride rough shod over planning, to get an out of town retail centre. So they couldn't pursue GP where they would have to do the work and pay for it all. So they lied! Unfortunately, that lie was passed on to the new owners by the same CEO.

Ward McHugh, the designers of twickenham had already shown that GP was feasible several years before.

Hello Tom, just on that part about John Moores commissioning a study for an all seater stadium, were their any amends to the stadium design during that study or was it literally a case of just putting seats in where the terraces were?

There are no houses around BMD like at GP. You talk os sorting out the upper levels and a roof ignoring the fact that down below in the interior it is dreadful. Get over it and stop going on aboiut your plan to do GP piecemeal.

There are plenty of homes in Vauxhall/Waterloo dock etc.... and furthermore they were all there before a football ground. No body who lives near GP has been there longer than the club. They all moved there knowing about GP, their choice.

The Redevelopment proposals I drew up all increased back of house provision dramatically. If you looked at the drawings you would know that with increases in concourse areas covered.

There are plenty of homes in Vauxhall/Waterloo dock etc.... and furthermore they were all there before a football ground. No body who lives near GP has been there longer than the club. They all moved there knowing about GP, their choice.

The Redevelopment proposals I drew up all increased back of house provision dramatically. If you looked at the drawings you would know that with increases in concourse areas covered.

Nonsense, the whole lot is outdated and ridiculous to do it piece meal as your plan suggested, you ignore how decerpit it is low down and the services . I f you were really honest with your self you would recognise that it is really a dreadful brick, concrete and iron work all round. Also how do we get round the church in the corner?
Did you plan cover boxes to buy or rent?

You ignored my question of you about relaitives living there.

Clue in the title.

F5E0C831-F12E-481B-B705-4948E07886C9.jpeg

when was this mate? I'm living in 2021, try it, you may like it.

Hello Tom, just on that part about John Moores commissioning a study for an all seater stadium, were their any amends to the stadium design during that study or was it literally a case of just putting seats in where the terraces were?
No, it was a complete rebuild on the then 3 older stands. With new stands of the same height and similar format to the mainstand (but just 2 tier) on all sides (with the mainstand continued down to pitch level). It was a study showing that the Bullens needed a small footprint expansion. It was by the same person who designed the mainstand in the late 60s. Littlewoods had an architectural department and I met someone who had been involved. It was a preliminary study to establish possible capacity, height of stands etc. John Moores was keen about exploring it as his legacy project, but it coincided with a major fall in attendances, so was shelved.

Nonsense, the whole lot is outdated and ridiculous to do it piece meal as your plan suggested, you ignore how decerpit it is low down and the services . I f you were really honest with your self you would recognise that it is really a dreadful brick, concrete and iron work all round. Also how do we get round the church in the corner?
Did you plan cover boxes to buy or rent?

You ignored my question of you about relaitives living there.

Liverpool's old mainstand was built in 1906 and is older than any stand in our ground.... it makes up roughly one third of that side's capacity and you wouldn't even know it was there. There are numerous examples of similar expansions of old stands. The same would be the case at a redeveloped GP.... not nonsense at all.

However, if you haven't read the articles, I'm not how can you comment on the proposals?

No relatives there.... numerous friends though, including one who lived in Gwladys St facing the stand. Not sure of the relevance.

Goodison was great, when I started going there in the early sixties it was, arguably, the best ground in the country. I’ll always carry tremendous memories of special days at Goodison and special players I’ve seen there.

Now, as I fast approach 70, I would like us to have a top class stadium again. Sadly that won’t be Goodison, it will be Bramley-Moore. This thread is one of the bright spots of being an Evertonian these days. Don’t derail it with could have beens or may yet be’s about Goodison, Kings Dock etc. for better or worse those ships have sailed, the club have too much invested in this to pull out now. It would be great if we could go back to pictures of wagons and heavy plant equipment in and around the Bramley-Moore so that I can tell myself that there are some positive things happening at the club.

Maybe if there were new threads such as, redevelop Goodison or where is the money coming from for the new ground, it would be for the best. I, and I suspect quite a few other posters, could avoid them and come into this thread to see and hear of the progress being made on the build. Just an idea like.

Goodison was great, when I started going there in the early sixties it was, arguably, the best ground in the country. I’ll always carry tremendous memories of special days at Goodison and special players I’ve seen there.

Now, as I fast approach 70, I would like us to have a top class stadium again. Sadly that won’t be Goodison, it will be Bramley-Moore. This thread is one of the bright spots of being an Evertonian these days. Don’t derail it with could have beens or may yet be’s about Goodison, Kings Dock etc. for better or worse those ships have sailed, the club have too much invested in this to pull out now. It would be great if we could go back to pictures of wagons and heavy plant equipment in and around the Bramley-Moore so that I can tell myself that there are some positive things happening at the club.

Maybe if there were new threads such as, redevelop Goodison or where is the money coming from for the new ground, it would be for the best. I, and I suspect quite a few other posters, could avoid them and come into this thread to see and hear of the progress being made on the build. Just an idea like.

Ok let's get somethings straight. Goodison was fist mentioned by others. Not me!

My posts have merely been in response to those still carrying Elstone's and Wyness' long discredited banner headlines about GP for some strange reason.

The rest is about reservations regarding finances/transport etc.... which whether you like it or not are always measured against the reference point or datum of what we have now. Questioning those issues is not derailing the thread.... they are the pertinent issues and discussion points.

It depends what that mix of use is, I suppose.
It does, but if they get the bars and function rooms right, it could be quite a busy thing.

I reckon the Bolton stadium corporate activity earns far more than the club. I have been to quite a few massive corporate functions there and it is well set up for it. Day long massive company training events with a thousand delegates, all getting lunch and staying nearby.

Tho other part will be having bars that can be open every day, maybe a spots bar? Im sure they will be able to step up weddings and other social functions too. If they have a range of room sizes, I’m sure there would be great demand. Imagine being able to hold a birthday party or a christening do there!!

Im not sure how many concerts there would be, that feels more difficult to accommodate depending on the size of the gig and how they arrange the rooms.

What actually gets done remains to be seen, but there are definitely opportunities that need to be maximised.

It does, but if they get the bars and function rooms right, it could be quite a busy thing.

I reckon the Bolton stadium corporate activity earns far more than the club. I have been to quite a few massive corporate functions there and it is well set up for it. Day long massive company training events with a thousand delegates, all getting lunch and staying nearby.

Tho other part will be having bars that can be open every day, maybe a spots bar? Im sure they will be able to step up weddings and other social functions too. If they have a range of room sizes, I’m sure there would be great demand. Imagine being able to hold a birthday party or a christening do there!!

Im not sure how many concerts there would be, that feels more difficult to accommodate depending on the size of the gig and how they arrange the rooms.

What actually gets done remains to be seen, but there are definitely opportunities that need to be maximised.
....bars and function rooms will hardly be a draw when a mile away in the city centre there's one of the biggest bar/restaurant scenes in western Europe.