New Everton Stadium Discussion

How is it ruining anything? It's a discussion forum. Comparisons with the redevelopment benchmark are the starting point and are pertinent right up to completion and even beyond into operation. Especially when that initial comparison planning phase was never adequately completed, and as yet we still have no detail regarding financial model and other issues that could effect its success or viability.

Those wishing to discuss redevelopment of Goodison please make another thread.

Your ruining the only positive thread on the site.

Regards.

FFS, this is the new stadium build thread, if you want to carp on about redeveloping Goodison, start a new thread, its off topic in this one. Face facts, Moshiri is holding the purse strings, he wants a shiny new stadium on the docks and it is happening. He doesn't want to develop Goodison. Bore off onto a thread for futile discussions and leave this one for the new build.
I think until such time as the investment is secured for BMD and we see substantial building it remains relevant to talk about a Plan B.

How is it ruining anything? It's a discussion forum. Comparisons with the redevelopment benchmark are the starting point and are pertinent right up to completion and even beyond into operation. Especially when that initial comparison planning phase was never adequately completed, and as yet we still have no detail regarding financial model and other issues that could effect its success or viability.

Mate, people come on here to check on the build progress of the Bramley Moore Dock stadium, NOT to listen you ranting on about what (in your opinion) could have been.
As others have said, start a new thread . . . . . or stop living in the past.

I think until such time as the investment is secured for BMD and we see substantial building it remains relevant to talk about a Plan B.

I mean clearly funding has been secured because they’ve actually started building it, just because you haven’t been informed of the intricacies doesn’t mean it hasn’t been sorted.

I mean clearly funding has been secured because they’ve actually started building it, just because you haven’t been informed of the intricacies doesn’t mean it hasn’t been sorted.
I have no idea of the finances other than I *know* that it's not going well. IIRC there was talk Moshiri / Uzmanov had financed the initial phase of development of the site but the club had turned up empty handed on the bulk of investment required?

Clearly.....? The club themselves have said finances have not yet been secured. This initial work is being financed by Moshiri.... we've no idea if that will be converted to equity or more debt going forward. Similarly for the balance to actually build something. We don't even have a final figure for that..... several years into the process. Mosh may have assurances from his boss.... but again what does that equate to in club debt going forward?

How dare a multi million pound company not run its financial business past a couple of lids on a football forum before getting major contractors in to start building, do people honestly think a company like Laing O'Rourkes would just start anything if there was no proof of finances, it's not like we've just got a odd jober off checkatrade FFS

Mate, people come on here to check on the build progress of the Bramley Moore Dock stadium, NOT to listen you ranting on about what (in your opinion) could have been.
As others have said, start a new thread . . . . . or stop living in the past.

Where have I ranted? Living in the past? I was part of a group who approached Peel regarding central docks when the club long before the club. I'm already looking at apartments in Stanley Dock...... however, I prefer to keep abreast of the facts and not just the shiny pictures.

Want to know progress....? The dock is still full of water. How's that?

It isn't just my opinion.... i can list a few stadium architects/planners over the years would agree entirely. If you can show others that disagree, feel free.... if not, perhaps it is you who is ranting.

How dare a multi million pound company not run its financial business past a couple of lids on a football forum before getting major contractors in to start building, do people honestly think a company like Laing O'Rourkes would just start anything if there was no proof of finances, it's not like we've just got a odd jober off checkatrade FFS

Couple of lids? Not thousands of Evertonians? Shareholders? Several years into the project?

Yes, I remember Laing O'Rourke picking up the Merseytram project and starting enabling works too.... does anyone know where I can catch the tram? Might be handy to get to BMD.

you are all banging on about re developing Goodison, you are coming across as a fella who has done some work on this in the past and is desperate to stay relevant. This is the new build thread, not a finances thread. Feel free to start a new one then you can have your own audience.

Couple of lids? Not thousands of Evertonians? Shareholders? Several years into the project?

Yes, I remember Laing O'Rourke picking up the Merseytram project and starting enabling works too.... does anyone know where I can catch the tram? Might be handy to get to BMD.

Thousands of Evertonians are happy that the club are moving forward and going by official lines the build IS happening and HAS started, there's no conspiracy here yet, you seem very upset that Everton are building a new stadium, Goodison is great but it's over 100 years old and it is time we moved on for the next 100 years