New Everton Stadium Discussion

Goodison Park is rubbish, let's be honest, but we all love it cus we love Everton. But what's good about thousands of obstructed views due to pillars, thousands more obstructed views in the rear rows of Lower Gwladys and Lower Bullens due to the upper stands, abysmal queues for terrible quality refreshments at the break, rank, filthy toilets again with huge queues, and having no decent transportation links to get to the ground? All in all, all Goodison offers is the fact that it, many moons ago, was one of the best stadia in the country, and literally generations ago saw us actually compete to win things, all of which are now distant memories.

We've needed an upgrade for decades and finally we're getting one. Looks like it'll be boss so won't find me complaining!

And yet it has some of the best balcony views in world sport.

I've never aesthetic liked Goodison. It looks squeezed in, and even as a child it looked outdated.

However I love Goodison Park. Because it's more than just a building. Bramley Moore will be the same, once we start creating memories in it.
Goodison Park is a classical Victorian double decker stadium. It's a thing of beauty...ans should have been reconfigured for Everton to stay there.

A few months back there was news that the height and facade of the Bramley Moore stadium was being altered to try and appease UNESCO world heritage concerns. Now that issue has gone I wonder if we are reverting back to original specs or whether we are keeping with the revised plans.

A few months back there was news that the height and facade of the Bramley Moore stadium was being altered to try and appease UNESCO world heritage concerns. Now that issue has gone I wonder if we are reverting back to original specs or whether we are keeping with the revised plans.

The reduction of the height was caused by flattening the wedge of the roof. The 'bowl' height remained the same.

Please don't build on sand!!

Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn't fall, for it was founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn't do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.

— Matthew 7:24–27
Well Austin 3:16 says I’ve just kicked your ass

So...do you think we will stick to that now or go back to the original plan. Changes included a simplified facade to try and keep the heritage people on side. Now that is not an issue, perhaps we can retrospectively go back to the initial plan.

So...do you think we will stick to that now or go back to the original plan. Changes included a simplified facade to try and keep the heritage people on side. Now that is not an issue, perhaps we can retrospectively go back to the initial plan.
Planning permission is granted for what we have. I can’t see them changing course on that now.

Quite a lot of less obvious stuff was changed from Meis’ last design to make the design more practical from an engineering perspective, too. So if we were to try and bolt back on some of the original design features we’d probably need to re-do that whole process again.

All that, plus any costing / purchasing of materials that’s now budgeted for needing to change, makes it very unlikely we’ll go back to the drawing board, I think.

As much as we’d all like 60,000.

Goodison Park is a classical Victorian double decker stadium. It's a thing of beauty...ans should have been reconfigured for Everton to stay there.
I do not on agree with most of the things you say but i agree with you on this.When i go up the steps to the upper Gwaldys i look around and see , people with flat caps , smoking pipes , and when i sit my seat i see Dean head his sixteth goal against Arsenal [ that is priceless ]