New Everton Stadium Discussion

I’d say it’s an interest rather than an obsession. I think most blues would take an interest in the funding structure should it ever be disclosed. I think those that would choose to ignore it would be in the minority.

The same goes with the other things that you mention, when the club buys a player, people want to know how much he cost, not because they’re an accountant, but because it’s relative to their interest in Everton.

For many it goes beyond that, when Villa or West Ham sign a player they will take an interest in how much has been paid because it’s relative to their interest in competition amongst premier league clubs.

Again, I kind of understand that the interest is there, but... and maybe I just missed it.... nobody used to be arsed and all the chatter was that we had a better midfield, or they had a better defence regardless of how much they had cost. My biggest interest in it all would stem from when did it happen. It just seems sad that the 'sky' pantomime now crosses over into almost every aspect of the sport we all love.

Again, I kind of understand that the interest is there, but... and maybe I just missed it.... nobody used to be arsed and all the chatter was that we had a better midfield, or they had a better defence regardless of how much they had cost. My biggest interest in it all would stem from when did it happen. It just seems sad that the 'sky' pantomime now crosses over into almost every aspect of the sport we all love.
To be fair there was a lot of discussion around the time we built the main stand.
It was generally accepted that the cost of the build greatly impinged on Cattericks ability to maintain probably the finest ever Everton side and thereby contributed to our precipitous fall from grace.

To be fair there was a lot of discussion around the time we built the main stand.
It was generally accepted that the cost of the build greatly impinged on Cattericks ability to maintain probably the finest ever Everton side and thereby contributed to our precipitous fall from grace.
And this is at the root of my interest/concern. It is usual and perfectly understandable that clubs’ pull in the transfer claws a fair but at certain key periods when doing a big build. This could have a massive impact on the team we are watching just before and in the first few years of the stadium.
The stadium has to go forward if the club is to go forward. I am made up that it is, although I think I will probably cry when I see my last match at Goodison. But the stadium in itself is not some magic wand or golden bullet. According to how its funding pans out there could be dramatic impacts on the football side of Everton FC because both elements are inextricably linked. Given the current weakness of the playing side plus the first signs of a cautious approach in the transfer market the whole funding part of the stadium is of more importance to me than it was, even if I will fall short of full understanding of some of the intricacies of how it will be done. I do believe Moshiri and co will pull it off but some of the implications of how are of interest too.
@Jacko93

And this is at the root of my interest/concern. It is usual and perfectly understandable that clubs’ pull in the transfer claws a fair but at certain key periods when doing a big build. This could have a massive impact on the team we are watching just before and in the first few years of the stadium.
The stadium has to go forward if the club is to go forward. I am made up that it is, although I think I will probably cry when I see my last match at Goodison. But the stadium in itself is not some magic wand or golden bullet. According to how its funding pans out there could be dramatic impacts on the football side of Everton FC because both elements are inextricably linked. Given the current weakness of the playing side plus the first signs of a cautious approach in the transfer market the whole funding part of the stadium is of more importance to me than it was, even if I will fall short of full understanding of some of the intricacies of how it will be done. I do believe Moshiri and co will pull it off but some of the implications of how are of interest too.
@Jacko93
Well said (applauds)