New Everton Stadium Discussion

Nope. Liverpool has the most outside of London. Pretty sure on that but it may be a combined figure.
Grade 1.

Bath has 99, not including ones in places like Claverton, in the greater Bath conurbation.

Liverpool has 27.

According to (I know) Wikipedia, anyway.

Can have more than one cruise facility but get your point about the exhibition centre.

Of course and we do now. The Pier Head landing stage used almost exclusively for the Mersey ferry, the IoM which will be moving to the south of Waterloo and currently being built, and the current international landing stage which will be linked to the new terminal to the north of Princes Dock as opposed to the current southern one. They're using the existing cruse liner landing stage though and I very much doubt another would be built as there isn't enough demand to justify two and they'd have to build a second brand new terminal to service it.

At the risk of appearing both churlish and a total Philistine :

1. I really dont give one, about how many old buildings Bath has got.

2. Ideally, I'd like Liverpool to keep its heritage status, but doubt anyone, world-wide, much gives a stuff about what UNESCO thinks.

3. I just want our great new stadium to arrive asap.

Apologies to all you historic architects out there.

Think this whole unesco thing has been bandied about since we submitted Bramley Moore as the preferred site, so not a huge surprise. It was mentioned again when we submitted the planning permission and unesco mentioned it again after the planning permission was granted.
So it was known as a possibility during the consultation phase and people were overwhelmingly in favour of this and the council approved it. Realistically no one comes to Liverpool because of the unesco status.

I don't think anyone wants to see genuine historic buildings torn down to make way for modern monstrosities. But that hardly applies with Bramley Moore, other than the clock tower there is nothing there. It's a derelict Dock that the public can't even access. As part of the project the club are restoring the clock tower, restoring the Dock wall, opening it to the public. All whilst creating jobs and an iconic stadium design.

15000 seems quite high. I know people like to make stuff up but does that not seem excessive to you? Especially when it's implying 15000 brand new jobs not people already in jobs that will assist with the work.
I honestly couldn't say either way, I don't think it means new jobs but it's definitely going to keep a lot of people in work in the coming years. It'll probably lead to additional workers who'll be building the hotels and the likes too.

I honestly couldn't say either way, I don't think it means new jobs but it's definitely going to keep a lot of people in work in the coming years. It'll probably lead to additional workers who'll be building the hotels and the likes too.
Oh absolutely mate, I just wondered where the figure quoted came from. This development will mean far more to the city than some plaque nobody cares about. I just get fed up when people just invent stuff. I'm just fed up today. This week has been abysmal and this heat is unbearable.

Oh absolutely mate, I just wondered where the figure quoted came from. This development will mean far more to the city than some plaque nobody cares about. I just get fed up when people just invent stuff. I'm just fed up today. This week has been abysmal and this heat is unbearable.
Can’t see it being 15000 but it will be a hell of a lot for at least 3 years, certainly more than the prefab being thrown up in Anfield Road