New Everton Stadium Discussion

Bath has more Grade 1 (and probably 2) listed buildings than Liverpool, I'm fairly sure without checking.
I haven't checked either but I would be surprised if that's true given the relative scale of the two cities. The BBC article states that the Albert Dock area constitutes the largest group of Grade 1 buildings in the UK, and of course there are listed buildings all across the city centre and beyond.

I haven't checked either but I would be surprised if that's true given the relative scale of the two cities. The BBC article states that the Albert Dock area constitutes the largest group of Grade 1 buildings in the UK, and of course there are listed buildings all across the city centre and beyond.
Just done a little checking and Chester and Bath apparently have the highest concentrations of listed buildings, but across the city Liverpool has the most listed buildings outside London. That tallies with what I learned during my degree course back in the 1970's, when I spent a year in the City planning department in Wilberforce House, and was surprised to see how many listed buildings were on the register. Many more have been added since then.

Like what

Bath Edinburgh and York are all beautiful cities
Not sure what you are suggesting is wrong with it, please explain.
- As pointed out by others, there’s other cities in the UK with more listed buildings, especially grade 1 - https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/england/bath-and-north-east-somerset/grade-i#.YPhGD-R4WEc

- ‘Literally Half’ of the worlds trade did not go through Liverpool. It’s estimated about 40% of the slave trade did, even then - that didn’t compromise all trade in the world.

- Irish migration to the US really doesn’t have a lot to do with Liverpool, apart from being a stop off point.

- Birkenhead isn’t in Liverpool.

- As pointed out by others, there’s other cities in the UK with more listed buildings, especially grade 1 - https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/england/bath-and-north-east-somerset/grade-i#.YPhGD-R4WEc

- ‘Literally Half’ of the worlds trade did not go through Liverpool. It’s estimated about 40% of the slave trade did, even then - that didn’t compromise all trade in the world.

- Irish migration to the US really doesn’t have a lot to do with Liverpool, apart from being a stop off point.

- Birkenhead isn’t in Liverpool.
Fair enough, but I still think Liverpool has a higher overall number of listed buildings than anywhere outside London, an article in the Liverpool Echo from 2014 cited an overall number of 2,400 listed buildings. I'm sure there would have been many more in the city centre but for the losses during WWII.

Fair enough, but I still think Liverpool has a higher overall number of listed buildings than anywhere outside London, an article in the Liverpool Echo from 2014 cited an overall number of 2,400 listed buildings. I'm sure there would have been many more in the city centre but for the losses during WWII.
It is. And I've just checked. 40% of total world trade passed through Liverpool by early 19th century. By that time of course there was no slave trade. Here's me thinking it was half the total world trade. My bad. Don't know how I got it so wrong. Also naughty me for quoting a Birkenhead park in a thread about Liverpool.

It is. And I've just checked. 40% of total world trade passed through Liverpool by early 19th century. By that time of course there was no slave trade. Here's me thinking it was half the total world trade. My bad. Don't know how I got it so wrong. Also naughty me for quoting a Birkenhead park in a thread about Liverpool.
Fair-do's, he has the facts, but it does seem a tad pedantic. It is obvious you were referencing the indisputable global significance of the city from a historical perspective, which will always remain regardless of WHS status.

UNESCO withdrew the Heritage Staus of Dresden because they built a bridge over their river. [Poor language removed] that is what they are, they like things to be left as are even if they are drelict and rotting away.

If that sweary word was the shortened version of Richard, let me know btw.