New Everton Stadium Discussion

"If you build a stadium there, we will withdraw your UNESCO world heritage site status."

Begin building stadium.

"OK, that does it."

I'm sure all the millions of annual tourists that come to Liverpool because of The Beatles, the Docks, the Museums, Art Gallery's, Architecture, History and even the football teams, will all be swayed by this news.
Was thinking of going into Liverpool next week, scrap that plan now. Think I'll go to Kew Gardens instead.

Hilarious seeing those in the replies genuinely fuming the City has been stripped of it.

It added no Value to the City anyway, absolutely zilch.

I can imagine some wool sitting there at his desk texting his missus right now cancelling his trip to the City this weekend because of this news......
Was thinking of going into Liverpool next week, scrap that plan now. Think I'll go to Kew Gardens instead.
:blush: :blush: :blush:

UNESCO are a bunch of sanctimonious tossers. The issue is that Liverpool agreed to maintain the World Heritage Site, and after the agreement was made UNESCO imposed a "buffer zone" and started objecting to anything more than a garden shed being built within it. This "buffer zone" covers practically the whole of Liverpool City Centre and the Waterfront. UNESCO are essentially demanding the Docks are kept as wastelands, inaccessible to the people of the city. They can suck on Liverpool's collective chubby as far as I'm concerned.

UNESCO are a bunch of sanctimonious tossers. The issue is that Liverpool agreed to maintain the World Heritage Site, and after the agreement was made UNESCO imposed a "buffer zone" and started objecting to anything more than a garden shed being built within it. This "buffer zone" covers practically the whole of Liverpool City Centre and the Waterfront. UNESCO are essentially demanding the Docks are kept as wastelands, inaccessible to the people of the city. They can suck on Liverpool's collective chubby as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, it's not even about Everton. It's about the city having control of their own area. Why should Liverpool as a city have to answer to anyone other than themselves and the government of its country?

Nonsense.

We will always gonna get the blame ,especially by the red half of the city, personally its the buildings by the liver buildings that are awful and the car park ffs, would of happened anyway. At least the stadium is being built in conjunction of the surroundings not like some monstrosities off the strand.

Reckon maybe 0.5% of people visiting Liverpool do it because its on the world heritage list. The rest because its a great place to visit with loads to do. Absolute nonsense this i drove down the dock road last week and its an absolute derilict mess that needs regeneration not a world heritage label putting on it.

Its a load of shabite mate.

I used to drive down the dock road to get to and from work every day. Dockland that was in the "Protected Area" and its a mess that is unaccessible to general Public.

Everton and Private Investors are now turning that area into useable space that will bring even more money and jobs to the City.

Its a load of shabite mate.

I used to drive down the dock road to get to and from work every day. Dockland that was in the "Protected Area" and its a mess that is unaccessible to general Public.

Everton and Private Investors are now turning that area into useable space that will bring even more money and jobs to the City.
Exactly

Reckon maybe 0.5% of people visiting Liverpool do it because its on the world heritage list. The rest because its a great place to visit with loads to do. Absolute nonsense this i drove down the dock road last week and its an absolute derilict mess that needs regeneration not a world heritage label putting on it.

you are vastly overestimating that number